Quantcast

^tuesday gfmt^

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
72 hours until I escape from Japan. Every where I go people have been coughing and sniffing, I am afraid I may have caught a cold. Not a big deal but you can't buy decent cold medicine in this country even if you can read the labels. And all those people wearing facemasks? They are just weirdos, no one tries to prevent the spread of colds here. People will hack, cough and sneeze all over the place on a crowded train.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've got one of those problems here at work, that I know how to do it, know the process and understand how/why it should work, but it just isn't. UGH.

Spent all afternoon yesterday on this and if I don't solve it today I am going to go loco.

But the coffee is good today.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
quote from last year still stands...
I hope that wasn't the entirety of your "mountain experience" yesterday . . . that place is like a mini-Asheville-type tourist trap. If you ever find yourself in Blowing Rock the best thing you can do is immediately proceed approximately 10-15 miles SSW.

Today. Yerp. Here it is. Yawn.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I hope that wasn't the entirety of your "mountain experience" yesterday . . . that place is like a mini-Asheville-type tourist trap. If you ever find yourself in Blowing Rock the best thing you can do is immediately proceed approximately 10-15 miles SSW.
yeah...i know...remember when it was just two lanes going up there and the road wasn't totally fucked going thru town...

i actually ended up in tennessee.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
It is Tuesday Night Triathlon Night, and promises to be hotter than Satan's nuts.
Here its more the humidity really sweaty ride in the park this morning and to work but I guess sweating is healthy. Still feel a little stiff in my legs after Saturdays 80 miles think I need to do some stretching and foam roller tonight.

Oatmeal and coffee the party has started.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Seared venison tenderloin and eggs sunny side up for breakfast, rifle tuning with a friend later.

If that did not make it a great day, I am sitting hear watching as the boy is putting two and two together and figure out this whole crawling thing. Never thought I could be this sappy, but its pretty awesome watching him grow and learn

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
i saw this yesterday on espn....

i still don't think i could run one.
Sure you could. Just watch some of the people crossing the finish line. On appearance, you'd think they have no business trying to run one. Running one isn't as amazing a feat as people might think. As with anything, you just need to put in the work. Now running one fast is a whole different discussion.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Here its more the humidity really sweaty ride in the park this morning and to work but I guess sweating is healthy. Still feel a little stiff in my legs after Saturdays 80 miles think I need to do some stretching and foam roller tonight.
Yeah, I agree. A warm heat isn't really a problem. Tonight's going to be 85 with a dew point over 70. Brutal conditions to go at race effort. :dead: The swim and bike will be fine. The run is going to SUCK.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Already did all the running I'm going to do today. Now it's breakfast. I bought a new toilet and installed it yesterday evening. Soon as the coffee kicks in it's time to go christen it, :weee: New toilet poop!

Took the woman child to see "inside out" yesterday afternoon and really enjoyed it. Lewis Black as "Anger" was perfect. Note to parents: be prepared to board the express train to feel town if you see this movie with your kids..

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Was supposed to have a skype interview with Bangalore at 9:30, it is now 9:45, WTF. Carry on.

<edit> On the bright side, I am 2 weeks into my "vacation" and I'm almost done with the patio job. While the forms overall look good, it is seriously blah, so little monkey and I are picking up concrete paint colors today and will stone paint them before putting in the sand. Should be a fun project.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I hacked up a voluminous, dark green wad of phlegm this morning. I showed it to my wife since I was proud of my accomplishment--all I get for 5 days running of this upper respiratory infection. She was not impressed by it, or by my timing of showing it to her during breakfast.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The screens, they're everywhere! I can't work under these conditions!

I think I solved this problem and am now testing my test......just to be sure. Yay. Beers for all!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:wave:
Took the woman child to see "inside out" yesterday afternoon and really enjoyed it. Lewis Black as "Anger" was perfect. Note to parents: be prepared to board the express train to feel town if you see this movie with your kids..
I've been trying to bring my 4.5 y.o. to see it, but every time I suggest we go to the movies he's not into it. It will be his first trip to a theater, and when I told him the screens are as big as our house, at first he was amazed, but now I think he's a little scared of that thought. Oh well, there'll be other opportunities I guess.

Glad I'm not riding today, it's humid as fuck out there. yech.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I hacked up a voluminous, dark green wad of phlegm this morning. I showed it to my wife since I was proud of my accomplishment--all I get for 5 days running of this upper respiratory infection. She was not impressed by it, or by my timing of showing it to her during breakfast.
did you hack it up into a glass....then add a beer and egg?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode bikes with a friend in the unholy heat and humidity this morning, this heat wave sucks. I hope it will be over before I get re-introduced to the rat race.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Table Mountain near Jamestown CA. The lower part of the wall has really cool basalt columns that make for some unique climbing. A friend took this a few years ago.

Nice! That looks just like ours!
A few years ago on The Feathers

Couldn't find a photo of the right wall, but you get the picture I'm sure!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I drove 3 cars. A Honda Pilot, a VW Passat. And a Toureg. All used and all sucky future headaches. I hate car shopping.