Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
<tinfoilhat>
From the talking Points Memo comments on Parscales eventful Sunday:

Like most everyone else here in DC, I thought it was passing strange that Trump announced his re-election bid on the day after he was inaugurated; no president had ever done that. We all knew that Trump’s announcement made it legal for him to collect funds for his re-election campaign, but no prior president had thought it necessary to do it when his current term was only two days old.
But now, it all fits together. Trump had all these truly enormous debts that he had personally guaranteed, while he had businesses that were hemorrhaging cash even then.
How was he going to - as we said in the chicago of my youth - going to meet his nut? He needed a supply of “big cash” that he could launder through his businesses and stash, as necessary off-shore. One source was Putin, who Trump thought would continue to push cash to him during his term, but also afterwards, if Trump would deliver the western alliance and the American political system to him. The other was by collecting big sums from rich people needing government favors; hence the re-election announcement and campaign fundraising.
To make the campaign gambit work, he needed a no-account nobody who would run it for him and be given a cut and would shut up. That was Brad Parscale, who was totally unqualified in every way but one: he would be Trump’s bagman for a small piece of the action.
Now it is all just beginning to unravel. This is the big story. This is the story with legs. This is the story that pushed Parscale to pick up his gun and repair to the master bedroom. And this is the story that will result in Trump trading one type of ill-fitting suit for another.

</tinfoilhat>

I thought this was interesting.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
<tinfoilhat>

Like most everyone else here in DC, I thought it was passing strange that Trump announced his re-election bid on the day after he was inaugurated; no president had ever done that. We all knew that Trump’s announcement made it legal for him to collect funds for his re-election campaign, but no prior president had thought it necessary to do it when his current term was only two days old.
But now, it all fits together. Trump had all these truly enormous debts that he had personally guaranteed, while he had businesses that were hemorrhaging cash even then.
How was he going to - as we said in the chicago of my youth - going to meet his nut? He needed a supply of “big cash” that he could launder through his businesses and stash, as necessary off-shore. One source was Putin, who Trump thought would continue to push cash to him during his term, but also afterwards, if Trump would deliver the western alliance and the American political system to him. The other was by collecting big sums from rich people needing government favors; hence the re-election announcement and campaign fundraising.
To make the campaign gambit work, he needed a no-account nobody who would run it for him and be given a cut and would shut up. That was Brad Parscale, who was totally unqualified in every way but one: he would be Trump’s bagman for a small piece of the action.
Now it is all just beginning to unravel. This is the big story. This is the story with legs. This is the story that pushed Parscale to pick up his gun and repair to the master bedroom. And this is the story that will result in Trump trading one type of ill-fitting suit for another.

</tinfoilhat>

if this is even remotely true, parscal may have an "accident" while in custody. or epstein himself.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
<tinfoilhat>

</tinfoilhat>

I'd also read speculation that Parscale may have been served a target letter by the feds. That would certainly gel with your tinfoil quite nicely.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i was thinking north woods bean soup, so good...
will try to refrain from said killings after eating...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
i was thinking north woods bean soup, so good...
will try to refrain from said killings after eating...
GTFO with that "turkey kielbasa" bullshit. :mad:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh there's no doubt in my mind that this is exactly what this is. I mean really, do you ever remember in your lifetime seeing so many absolutely fanatic people this exited about a government official while simultaneously being so insanely vicious to anyone not like them? This is well beyond politics and all I can think is that years of NFL has created the format for how american brains work now. I don't think it MAKES assholes exclusively. There's at least an equal part that just gives free permission to existing assholes who now feel emboldened. There's footage all over the place of these black lives don't matter counter protesters quoted saying that they know trump supports them. Because well.......he's literally said as much outloud, and on camera.
I have long observed this trait in the US and to a lesser degree the UK. I have not been to any other country where the idea is so extreme. It is individualism; a trait encouraged by capitalism itself, particularly the US flavour, and more than that, the subsequent behaviour and favouring of the idea of ‘othering’; putting people in boxes, ranking yourself, being better, best or worst, good and evil, 1 and 0.

So much of US society and discourse is based around these ideas; social rules and constructs — the society of the sports metaphor where virtually every popular sport happens to be an [object] vs [object] dual.

Societal conflict is, somewhat obviously, the outcome of these ideas. Where is the countervailing inclusive idea of society now for you? It seems like more and more these little groups are all that left, not strong enough sustain a whole and in their own way just another fractured shard.

The somewhat obvious outcome now arrives. It has now reached the stage where your ideological boxes are so completely self-reinforcing, influenced and shaped even by shared lies, that there is probably only one way out.

I have long observed this trait in the US and to a lesser degree the UK. I have not been to any other country where the idea is so extreme. It is individualism; a trait encouraged by capitalism itself, particularly the US flavour, and more than that, the subsequent behaviour and favouring of the idea of ‘othering’; putting people in boxes, ranking yourself, being better, best or worst, good and evil, 1 and 0.

So much of US society and discourse is based around these ideas; social rules and constructs — the society of the sports metaphor where virtually every popular sport happens to be an [object] vs [object] dual.

Societal conflict is, somewhat obviously, the outcome of these ideas. Where is the countervailing inclusive idea of society now for you? It seems like more and more these little groups are all that left, not strong enough sustain a whole and in their own way just another fractured shard.

The somewhat obvious outcome now arrives. It has now reached the stage where your ideological boxes are so completely self-reinforcing, influenced and shaped even by shared lies, that there is probably only one way out.
Bicycling, and mountain bicycling are pretty strong in "othering"...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It is individualism; a trait encouraged by capitalism itself, particularly the US flavour, and more than that, the subsequent behaviour and favouring of the idea of ‘othering’; putting people in boxes, ranking yourself, being better, best or worst, good and evil, 1 and 0.

^^^^^^^^^^This Bullshit seller, right here^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe she didn't start it, but she sure as shit made it religion for lots of fucking idiots in this country.