Quantcast

Trek Session Sizing

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm looking at ordering one of the new trek downhill bikes but I can't decide whether to order a large or an xl. I'm right between 6'2 and 6'3" with no shoes on. I'm worried the large will be too cramped or the xl will be too long. Anyone have any experience with trek's downhill bike sizing?

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
The large would be far too small. At 5.8" I rode a large and it's just about perfect. An XL will certainly not be too big for your giant stature.

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
Definitely go with the XL. I am 6'4" and used to ride a large. I ended up switching to an XL wilson because I couldnt find a decent price on an XL session.

nauc

Monkey
May 14, 2007
for reference, Santa Cruz recommends an XL for you for their V10, which has a Virtual Top Tube length of 25.2 inches

the XL Session VTT = 24.68 (high) and 24.96 (low)

id get the XL

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Depends on what you want out of it. I'm 6'1" and actually rode a medium for awhile, then large. I liked a slightly smaller bike for shoving around corners and jumping and muscling through steep rocky sections, but if you like to just chill and plow through plow through **** going twenty thousand MPH, go with the XL.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
hmm, i think i will go with the XL.
When you say new, do you mean one of the 2015 bikes? I haven't seen the geo listed anywhere yet. It's pretty much an all new bike (except for the park version), so I would wait and see what the numbers are.