Quantcast

totem 2-step blows thru travel.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
so, i weight 74kg, and have my totem setup at 115-120psi on the front of my scott gambler.

thing is, after riding hard for 1 hour or so, the fork blows thru its travel. I can almost bottom out, just by putting my weight on the front tire. when i check the pressure, its around 110psi or so. So it seems its not loosing air.

when stationary, or riding for less than 1 hour, the air-spring seems ideally-sprung. i get 30% sag. after 2 hours or riding hard, i get like 80% sag...

if i push hard on the handlebars, the air spring feels stiff, but if I apply a constant (but low) force, I can bottom out the fork.
yesterday, i was riding down a hill at 40mph, and i could bottom out the fork just by braking hard. pressure was 115psi when i connected the pump.

this absolutely destroys the geometry of my bike on steep technical downhills, plus more than once, i had to ride down rocks virtually with no front suspension (completely bottomed out).

anybody knows what could it be?

thanks

Last edited:

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Yep, had the same problem with my 2 step totem yrs ago. It's that fvckn 2 step cartridge that failed. Ask RS to convert to non 2 step.