Quantcast

tire choice

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i need a new front tire as my gazzzi A. washes out and B. doesnt fit in the bus bike rack.

I ride in western/ sun valley idaho dirt. Loose red stuff, and gravel, the stuff that makes you feel uncomfortable especialy when your from the east coast and used to the mount snow mud bog.

i was looking at the high roller 2.5 super tacky, as that is what i have on the rear tire. would this be the BEST choice for the above conditions? I need somthing 2.5 inches that will fit into a bus bike rack, AKA, smaller than a gazalodi JR>

thanks,
-mack

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Michelin comp 24 2.5" or comp 16 2.2"

But if your set on Maxxis get the SR compound over the ST, it will last MUCH longer and give the same traction in those conditions.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Not surprised you've been washing out with a ST on the rear and a comparatively rock-hard gazza on the front :)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The 2.5 mobster / 2.35 high roller is a tough combo to beat. It overs a great comba of traction and rolling resistance and weight. Plus, they are super cheap at the supergo store in seattle. $19ea makes them really tough to beat.

V

Vermont

i just put a wierwolf DH 2.5 on the front to match the 2.3 on the back..going riding tonight can't wait to rip some rails with that bad azz tread...east coast mud, wet rocks and roots though...lol

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Bullitrider said:
Boo on Supergo. Support a local shop if you can.
Why? If supergo is cheaper then why go to all the trouble of going to a local shop to pay more? This is the 21st century, buying online IS the way forwards. If that means some shops close down so be it, it's going to happen.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i got the high roller super tacky from universalcycles.com. i think it will work better than the 1999 gazzi, lol.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
buildyourown said:
I think that deal was a in-store only price for the seattle store. Supergo is one of my local shops. It's not like they're Walmart.

It's worse, they're from California. lol. But seriously. I'm down with my local shop. When Supergo came in last year(?) within a mile and a half of the place ( :nuts: ) it really shook'em up.