Quantcast

Timberline Resort WV OPEN

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
Is Timberline still open for DH???? I just checked out the website and it looks like it's open for skiing and boarding...not biking???? Looks pretty WHITE!!!

If it's still open for biking I'm down....I'm 3 hrs away in Roanoke and DYING for some DH!!!! Missed the last weekend of SS mountain!!!!

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
Thanks for the reply...apparently there are folks at Timberline that are not aware that the mountain/lift is open...the guy at reservations flat out told me that the lift was not running next weekend...you may want to correct that situation 'cause that's a great way to keep riders away from the mountain!

Anyway...I'm going to try to get a couple other guys from Roanoke to come up with me this weekend...and if you're certain the lift will be spinning...I'll spread the word at Chainsmoke racing forum...I could possibly convince some of those guys to come...they go all the way to Windrock from Ohio...you're way closer than that...

Can you recommend a decent place to stay that's not too $$$?

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
A few of us would like to do a work/repair /pre-ride weekend or maybee midweek day/days. Any snow still around? JR... let me know if you've got any thing planned.
PM your # so we can get in touch.

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
Thursday will be the first day of trail work! Timberline will open ASAP. More news to come.

JR

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
Volunteer but your hard work entitles you to free riding, free lunch and complimentary lodging at the bunk house. I hope you come up because the trails here are a lot of fun to ride and it is growing! We are privately owned, so no problems, winter operations must be kept in mind so we stay in the woods.

Adopt a project, call it your own and I will help you in every way I can. I am there full time this season to will support your efforts with my own.

If you are comming let me know so I can make arrangements.

JR

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
We will open on Memorial weekend. Lots of work has been done with more improvements on the way.

JR

S

seespotendo

do you know your hours for Memorial weekend?
and how many trails will you guys start out with this year?

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
Here is video of one of our trails, missing the last 300' vert. We built a new trail while adding several sections and a few jumps to existing ones and improved signage.

The ATV races are a thing of the past; the August ATV race is canceled. This is HUGE! Now we can reclaim miles of trails, bring in our equipment and really expand.

Super D and jump lines are comming. XC from the bottom to the top is not far away- 3/4 complete.

We will post more video.

Twisted Sister Downhill, Timberline Resort, W V on Vimeo

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Is there going to be anymore trail work days? I might be down to head up there for a weekend depending on how far away you guys are. I've done work with SORBA and "trail dynamics" in North Carolina, so I do have some experience with trail building.

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Gonna try and be there for three or four days the weekend after next 24th/25th.

I Plan on bringing digging tools, working and riding.

Nice vid, can't wait to see the new trail.

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
Nice!

There are now a series of jumps on Pilgrim's Pass (new trail). There is a tech single track section, fast groomed section and a steep entry into it all. Now that the MX/ATV race is gone forever, we will bring in the miniX and skid steer, Jimmy and Eric have committed to help. Everyone wants an "A" line with groomed jumps and berms, so now we can do it. Date TBA.

clynch

Chimp
Sep 21, 2009
Went to Timberline today for the first time. Great DH trails, great trail signage, great vibe. Special thanks to Chris for taking the time to show us around and to JR for all the hospitality. This place is definitely one of WV's best kept secrets for natural DH. Fast runs, tech runs, steeps, flowy, this place has some of everything. All-round good time.

bluegiant

Chimp
Aug 10, 2010
I had a chance to ride Timberline DH trails last weekend. There's great terrain with plenty of vertical. The trails can be a bit confusing at first but follow the Red, Orange, Yellow, & White tags & you'll be fine. Even better hook up with JR or his son in the bike shop & he'll show you the goods. I especially liked the Red trail with the twisted sister steep burmed turns. The orange line off of the red was great also. The lower section has lots of line choices. The yellow has a nice steep rooty line. Well worth the trip. If you get a late start out no worries as they will give you a half day rate. I'll have to go back as I did not get a chance to try Mellow Yellow(Narnia) according to Downhill Dave K. and I hear it's a must ride n see.

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to see what T-line has? Here is you chance to do so AND see if you are in fact the Big Kahuna.

Oct. 16 & 17

WVMBA will sanction the races.

A race flyer will come out soon and list all the details.

Sue Haywood helped with the SuperD course and loves the track. She knows what a good SuperD is and T-line has it.

Ask anyone who raced the Double Down three years ago to learn about the DH track.

New and improved trails will keep you entertained.

Some highlights include:
$35 race fees include a two day lift ticket and LODGING!
Camping on site
Hotel and high end lodging available (working on discount rates)
Saturday SuperD race and DH practice
Sunday DH race
First annual Big Kahuna Bike title on the line using combined times of SuperD and DH (on same bike).

Saturday SuperD race and DH practice. Sunday DH race and Big Kahuna title presentation.

If you have never been to T-line, now is the time.

Contact JR at jrnolan@comcast.net

Last edited:

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
The SuperD and DH courses are marked top to bottom and open Sat 10 to 5 and Sun 10 to 6.

We will run the chair till snow making starts in late November.

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
OK, you need to ride but who is open?

TIMBERLINE IS YOU MONKEY!!

ALL TRAILS ARE LEAF FREE!

Next weekend may be our last weekend.

If you are going to come here, PM or post to let me know, if not we may close.