Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Fuck. :(. Guy pulled out in front of me last night. Truck is smashed up pretty good, I'll be surprised if it's not totaled. Only had it 5 months.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Fuck dude, sorry to hear :(

The transmission in Laura's car assploded last week, so she's been looking to buy a new car since.

Cars/people suck. Hopefully they do in fact total it and you get a nice check from the insurance co.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did the guy take the blame on record? Hope you are okay. Cars have to be pricey to fix theses days. The fix of my previous car quickly ran into 9000 Dollars.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
wait, didn't your ceiling just explode yesterday? rough week dude.
The one and the only! Waiting for that third bad thing to happen. :think:

Fuck dude, sorry to hear :(

The transmission in Laura's car assploded last week, so she's been looking to buy a new car since.

Cars/people suck. Hopefully they do in fact total it and you get a nice check from the insurance co.
I hope so. I have another 3500 - 4000 into it between the suspension, topper, tires and other stuff. Here's to hoping they are generous.

That sucks. At least nobody was hurt. (I hope)
Other than bruising on my already huge nose I walked away pretty unscathed. He did as well with only a bruise. Not too shabby for the magnitude of the wreck.

Did the guy take the blame on record? Hope you are okay. Cars have to be pricey to fix theses days. The fix of my previous car quickly ran into 9000 Dollars.
His claim was that he saw my blinker as I changed lanes (due to construction closing off the one I was in mind you) and thought I was turning. The cops issued him a ticket and summons at the scene so I'd say it was pretty clear in their opinion who was at fault.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I was up way too early. I was bombing down the onramp (long straight with a 180 at the end) to beat a semi in the inside lane and was thinking the ramp light was on so I pulled to a stop. Then realized it doesn't come on until 6:30 and it was 6:15 (I am usually not this early) and homeboy in the semi has a head of steam going into the corner. I rip through the first 3 gears before he even made it around, but I felt like a total ass. :rofl:

Sorry about the truck, dude. That sucks. Let us know if you need a monkey hoard to resolve it, I'm down.

I hope to hear from homeboys insurance about my car today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I hope so. I have another 3500 - 4000 into it between the suspension, topper, tires and other stuff. Here's to hoping they are generous.
You can buy back the wreck and part it out if they don't properly value the extras.

I am at work today. Academic day tomorrow. Today was a seat heater morning--39 degrees!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was brisk this morning, but it looks to be top off weather later today. We were also talking about taking the boat out this weekend since it is supposed to be nice. One last trip to the nekid beach, yay.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just ordered myself a commuter bike. Wife is not going to be super happy with another bike to take up space but at least it will give me some motivation to find better storage system. I have a really nice road bike but I just can't leave it anywhere. Got the new bike at a good price so I can always sell if its not working out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
He might not make it to December if he's using heated seats now.
I'll just turn it up to the butt-scorching high setting.

The wife's LEAF has a heated steering wheel, too. That's really nice on cold days, like heated grips/gloves.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a day, what a day. Perhaps not as bad as smashing up one's beaut of a vehicle, but.. Due to some events today, I have to create a policy tonight to undo a previous policy that I put into place today and create a new policy to replace it. Good thing I picked up some beer after work.

Luckily these policies will prevent me from having to walk around from computer to computer.

woot, beer time. Now where is my growler?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, finally got the countertops installed! Yay, right?
oh, but no, they cut them too short and didn't template out the stove, so they need to be replaced. I just hope the Ikea cabinets can handle the additional wear and tear...

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
Just ordered myself a commuter bike. Wife is not going to be super happy with another bike to take up space but at least it will give me some motivation to find better storage system.
Have a non-bike issue in life? Just buy another bike to motivate you to fix the first problem!

I like the way you think!:banana:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks Blindboxx I was pretty happy about the outcome and so far I have sold it pretty well not that I gave her much of a choice. I have to add this is my third bike purchase this year so she is getting used to it.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Feeling higher then I ever was on drugs, has not had beer in 167 days. Accomplished a night ride with lamps and leaf, ~30km accordingly it is accurate on Strava. I found out the new job I have been using since August isn't automatically removing my taxes from the pay, sort of dumb on my part and the taxes from 2014 is going to be rough. Doing the math for this before my next payday, so much for that cool fattie. My black eye from last Sunday has more color on it.