Quantcast

thursday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yay and I hope to hell that I don't get assigned any runs in SF tomorrow. Total grid lock with the Victory Parade
phillies trading hunter pence....worst trade ever.

take solace in the fact you won't have to worry about a 49ers superbowl parade this year...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Ran the dogs again last night for the 3rd time in 4 days. I've run more this past week than I have biked in the last two months. What is going on here...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got to work, two and a half hours late. All because of a dump truck that drove down the freeway with its bed lifted and smashed an overhead road sign. :bonk:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got the best night sleep in ages. Feel great but still have no fucks to give about anything. I guess I can stop blaming apathy on being tired.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ah, the sound of not giving a fuck about baseball
You got to love a sport where the greatest achievement is to have nothing interesting happen, in between long stretches of nothing happening. And people complain about soccer.

"Famed "Sports Illustrated" journalist and columnist Rick Reilly timed a baseball game in 2000 and determined that the amount of action during the game, which lasted for 3 hours, 15 minutes, totaled 12 minutes, 22 seconds, and Reilly wrote he was generous with his stopwatch"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Academic morning that I actually spent doing academic things: semi-majorly revised a paper, met with a co-author, revised it yet again, revised yet another paper and its supporting tables, sent it off to the multiple co-authors for review, and then took stock of what I'm doing overall. Whew.

Currently I have the following active projects:

- one computed program-based presentation for The Big Conference (as opposed to the various and sundry little ones) that is accepted and 90% done
- two proposed, similar presentations for spring conferences awaiting acceptance, but for which the underlying programs are already written
- one large review paper on liver cancer, for which the writing is almost done but figures are pending
- four other smaller papers in various states of completion--I'm trying to enlist residents and fellows as slave paper-writing labor to befit my new attending role
- one as of yet ill-defined major programming project to support a grant-funded education project (as in the focus of it is to create something to educate residents and medical students)
- collaboration, currently in stasis, with the commercial vendor that does some of our computer systems to integrate my JavaScript apps into the workflow
- a dozen more ideas on a list that are still just ideas or grant proposals as of yet unfunded

I don't think I'll have a problem hitting my publication target of 20 before 5 years (starting from a base of 9, or 8, depending on how strict one is in counting). I want to hit that goal, and get promoted from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor, in 3 years or less.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got the official pictures back from the race. I need to lose another 25#.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you go back and review my threads you will see I picked the Royals and Giants to take it all. I'll give you a few minutes assholes....