Quantcast

This place is dead lately!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Whats up? Not a lot of action here. Everyone sick of tech posts? :rolleyes: :)

OK time to stimulate some form of posting, here are some funny incidents from recent rides. feel free to comment on these, post your own recent ride stories or just start a random tech post ;)

2 weeks ago when we were shuttling the lead rider saw a bear run across the trail and up the hill. Do you think a black bear would mess with Dh'ers? Cause this one bolted like a crack head from the cops!

Well I went riding yesterday, it was fun. I only saw 1 hiker, heaven. :devil:

This trail had a lot of off camber washes around blind corners. These are the worst wheel suckers ever! You don't see that the radius is getting tighter so you brake too late, then you can't turn to stay on trail :p

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We were out last week and the lead guy spooked an elk. Elk are big mofos if you havnt ever seen one in person. They arent as dangerous as a bear or couger, but in rut season one could charge you and pretty much ruin you.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Bacardi said:
What trail was the bear on?
Tunnel trail on the upper section where it starts gettin really rocky.

Kash was leading and stopped cold on the trail (something he NEVER does
:p ) and told us about the bear. The bear charged straight up the hill with all the commotion.

That ruined my flow for a while, I kept thinking about a bear ruining my sh*t in he middle of the trail :dead: Hard to focus on shredding after that :p

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Damn Stoney, thats a serious breech of riding ettiquette there, try to educate these tools or were they a lost cause?

I don't get people who poach on sensitive stuff. Do they want to loose the legal places too? WTF!

Total side rant, but I picked up the new MBA and saw shots of illegal Simi singletrack plastered over it and in the Trailgrams section they blast people riding DH bikes on multi-use trails. Fuggin hypocrites, you gotta get off the illegal singletrack BEFORE you mount the moral high horse!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
MBA is disapointing. Everytime I read that they contradict what is being said or going on. They are the biggest advertising whores alive. Stans, Dorado's, Santa Cruz and Intense, Kenda, they are all pro to these products and don't give great advice either. I think the only reason I subscribe is to make sure that I get the ad sections from all the stores.

Zark, sorry to hear about the bear, I got your call late Sat but I've been having tons of personal stuff going on (leaving job, girlfriend, lol ya know). I did take the M1 on cold springs for the first time after getting really good at San Ysidro. Ehh.......downhill bikes have a learning curve. More suspension + body armor = confidence, but confidence sometimes causes falls. I smacked my knee pretty good which it still hurts but I think it's ok.

I know the boards have been dead, I guess all the turner vs santa cruz questions and "what fork is better" finally stopped. Each main bike company should have it's own forum like on MTBR.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
So what color Bullits are best on Santa Barbara trails?
Bullits were recently banned by a new city ordinance, and rootbeer Bullits are actually a felony now. The crackdown has been extensive with hundreds confiscated..

Actually Trans red seems pretty popular
:think:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Zark said:
Bullits were recently banned by a new city ordinance, and rootbeer Bullits are actually a felony now.
Only if you're not wearing a fullface...pisspots are a felony on F/S, but only a misdemeanor on HTs.

However, HTs are in themselves criminal, so it gets to be a complicated legal issue.

MD

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Zark said:
Bullits were recently banned by a new city ordinance, and rootbeer Bullits are actually a felony now. The crackdown has been extensive with hundreds confiscated..

Actually Trans red seems pretty popular
:think:
Dr. Dave's shiny new gloss gray bullit however must be yielded to under all circumstances even by horses/hikers, Chris is actually printing up new SBMTV trail markers indicating this new rule as we speak.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
stoney98 said:
My exciting story of the week was getting stuck behind a crew of "hardcore" freeriders on my ride yesterday. We saw them at the top of the hill and they kind of laughed at our bikes (my ghettofied Yeti DJ and my mates ASX) as they seemed to be the SC militia. Well, they dropped into a high speed flowing trail which we were obviously pinning at, to the point that I split their group in 1/2 because I couldn't stop before dropping in. I got stuck behind a bunch of slow ass mofo's is what happened. They wouldn't let me pass, and when I asked to ass the guys were total asses. I ended up slowing ot a crawl for about 50 yards to open a gap, and their buddyt behind me yelled at me to speed up!!?? So I pinned it and caught up in about 10 secs to the guy ahead of me.
We ended up riding back up to do it again, which I have no problem with, but it sucks to break up my loop like that. Well, we go to drop in again nd the asshats are riding up the trail. This is a very well known down trail, but obviously they didn;t want to climb the slightly steeper trail that we rode up. totally ruined my flow again. Went back to my run in dropped in AGAIN and got a clean run in. Actually pulled my best time ever!
Well, we're climbing out of the valley and we run into the asshats AGAIN! This time they're dropping out of an illegal trail. IT really pisses me off when groups of people ride illegal trails, especially during high traffic times. 7 people in full FR kits popping out of this illegal trail! WTF?! well, they try to be cool and stick our wheels, but we just upped the power a nnotch to hammerfest and dropped them quickly. so we get to the top of the climb, and who's there before us? the asshats. Turns out they cut off the main legal trail and rods up another illegal trail. It really pissed me off. Such blatant disregard for the trails, despite the fact that it's a bike sensetive area, especially during peak hours! It really angered me. though i did cool off after mmeeting some young lady's who just graduated from HS (oh 18 baby!) out for a run. Peachy keen!
Yeah, that was my ride yesterday.
Did you give them sh it or was it more of an implied verbal azz-kikin

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
punkassean said:
Dr. Dave's shiny new gloss gray bullit however must be yielded to under all circumstances even by horses/hikers, Chris is actually printing up new SBMTV trail markers indicating this new rule as we speak.
Even bears have to yield to Dr Dave! :eek: Or else they get :nuts:

Gotta love it when your doctor rides a freeride bike and is nuttier than you are!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Werd! Dave and the crew are rolling up to whistler with us, should be a hoot, I still have room in the 4Runner/condo if you're interested!

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
punkassean said:
Werd! Dave and the crew are rolling up to whistler with us, should be a hoot, I still have room in the 4Runner/condo if you're interested!
pm sent!
:thumb:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
punkassean said:
fuh reel? That's insane, do you know who else???
Ned Overend. I heard he's gonna make it truly XTRRREEME by riding up the course...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
yep, i'll be jobless, but might be up in whistler as well, august time, hehe talked the girlfriend into going.......guess that means we bring 2 bikes (and NOT her non-suspension bike!)

I'll admit, I like the V-10's, but the bullits are sooooooooooooo over it. It's just a cheaper version of the Orange DH frame :) J/K, hey if it works it works right?

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
punkassean said:
fuh reel? That's insane, do you know who else???
i danno. i only follow aaron chase cuz we're both originally from boston. but i heard that some freerider chick from Washinton may ride :eek::love::love:
word is, redbull ain't gettin him any advantageouses by putting rails and jibs on the course in Virgin, ut. C'mon we're all sick of backflips.:mad::angry::nope: I can't wait to see aaron chase throw down some sick x-ups. this year is the year of urban assault riders at redbull.:thumb::thumb: put your money on it! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: