Quantcast

The Zerode thread

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
this is the last action before i meets with an accident on the same track with 4 brocken rips and a pneumothorax surgery

Attachments

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
this is the last action before i meets with an accident on the same track with 4 brocken rips and a pneumothorax surgery
Sorry to hear get well soon! Another very fast West Coast Pro has converted to Zerode. he brought the bike to Mammoth and listed his Demo for sale on the way home! Brought the 2 builds into the studio today. So have some real images finally.....

Race

Zee

Wilhelm

Monkey
Aug 10, 2003
What a really freakin´ awesome black beauty! How does these KETTLE SiCCC SFL rotors work?

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
That bikes awesome and Eddie masters getting sideways with sandals on aboard a zerode also is awesome.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
What a really freakin´ awesome black beauty! How does these KETTLE SiCCC SFL rotors work?
I'm 70kg. Happy with the 180mm rear. It's been on for ages. I bedded it in with Organic pads. The front I gave up on, as I'd bedded it in with sintered pads, and I had a race on, and wanted better performance. Just put it back on and did a few runs today on organic pads and it seemed good enough to race tomorrow. I'll report back later. Haven't had to brake hard,, this is were the front was weak before.

Equali

Chimp
Oct 16, 2013
Hi! i cannot find anywhere the geometry charts of the two size of the 2012 G1, can someone help me?
For which heights are suggested respectively the two sizes?
Thank You!

Equali

Chimp
Oct 16, 2013
I'm searching for the Geometry charts of the zerode G1 version 2 , for what i read it came in the size s/m and m/l. Thank you

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Also the same reach as a large canfield

Not saying its for nba basketball players but ive found it just the same as the other large bikes ive owned. Does head angle factor into reach-perhaps because of the slacker head angles?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
425 is still kinda short for a large.
Yeah I am 6' 2" with shoes the LG is good. I am riding the MD for the next few weeks. See how she feels. Is you bike like a 500 reach or what since you are closing in on 7'....

SAPA couldn't make the frames any longer not sure about new outfit but have a feeling its the same dealio. The top tube shape was the issue.

Last edited:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
saw one for the first time at a shop across from mountain creek.. fukking awesome looking

gearbox really is awesome looking.. almost silent coming down the trail

May 22, 2013
I finally got my hands on a set of Dorados. My bike is complete, for now.

I've only had a short pedal around since the Dorados went on, I have a feeling this bike is going to be very sweet indeed. :D:D

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
<trollscience>But... there is a Dorado sticker on each leg so... its two dorados?<\trollscience>

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
MY god. those zerodes are CRAZZZZZY short in the reach. That large is smaller than almost every medium!
I noticed the same thing, the medium is tiny and the large is smaller than every medium I've owned!

The large frame doesn't look small when built up though, I wonder if something is amiss in the numbers. Personally I check fit by taking the hypotenuse between reach and stack, the L zerode still comes up short when you do that - but I'd be curious to put a tape measure to one to see if it was actually bigger than the numbers suggest.

I've been riding L in various frames lately and have been enjoying it even at 6', it sucks how limited the choices must be at your height. Price you pay for dwarfing the mortals I suppose.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I'm 5'11 and love the medium G2. I'd say I even would prefer it stayed as short as the G1. Guess I like a smaller bike. The Zerodes stability and smoothness maybe makes a difference. I had a 6'4" mate who loved his G1, even bought another when they went to anodized. Plenty of tall dudes on the medium G1 and happy.
Each to their own.
Looks good with the Doradoes Rider77. Always wanted to try them. Makes for a reliable bike you have there.

Last edited: