Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Kashima coating the stanchions on an XC fork is stupid, if they live most of their life with some form of platform damping crap switched on stiction won't be a biggie, gold looks pretty though.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
It seems that there are a lot of noobs posting on teh :monkey: recently. Was it people's new years resolution to join a bike forum or something?

*EDIT* Not complaining about it... just an observation.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
seems silly trying to cancel a gym membership to save $34 a month when the government is trying to cut $74 billion a month...

and now they are talking about making a platinum trillion dollar coin??? WTF????

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Jerkoff in the wallet store showed me a fat amount of funny paper, he didn't tell me after the camels, car wash, and two beers there was enough for three. If I had three I could of been 19 again if I had three more I would have been 19.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Jerkoff in the wallet store showed me a fat amount of funny paper, he didn't tell me after the camels, car wash, and two beers there was enough for three. If I had three I could of been 19 again if I had three more I would have been 19.
uhm what? you even used punctuation this time and I still don't get it!

NicoleB

Chimp
Jan 11, 2013
South NH
If doctors and scientists could somehow find a way to transplant the flush mechanism of industrial toilets into the human throat, there would never be another choking fatality ever again.
i'd like to say this is true. however, i've seen somebody clog an industrial crappadore. i dont even see how it's possible. afterall, those things could unspool a loose organ

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
seems silly trying to cancel a gym membership to save $34 a month when the government is trying to cut $74 billion a month...

and now they are talking about making a platinum trillion dollar coin??? WTF????
you should not concern yourself with such things...they know what they are doing...

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
I know a few caner survivors who said it was hard for them to eat because nothing tasted right and it all had a sort of similar texture.

Your question is kind of wide and esoteric though. I don't enjoy the taste of some foods that others enjoy immensely. Taste is a rather personal opinion.

I think I see what you're getting at though. On most points I don't really enjoy food. Taste or otherwise. I eat for calories and sustenance. I don't care what it tastes like. I'm not saying I don't enjoy food with flavor. I love flavorful and home-cooked food. For me though, eating is a necessity and I don't like spending frivolity on something I have to do to survive. If I wasn't a single hermit I think I'd actually enjoy cooking with and for a significant other. Such is not how things work for me though. My diet consists of butter rice, butter pasta, plain lentils and chickpeas, beans and occasionally eggs and toast for breakfast.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I know a few caner survivors who said it was hard for them to eat because nothing tasted right and it all had a sort of similar texture.

Your question is kind of wide and esoteric though. I don't enjoy the taste of some foods that others enjoy immensely. Taste is a rather personal opinion.

I think I see what you're getting at though. On most points I don't really enjoy food. Taste or otherwise. I eat for calories and sustenance. I don't care what it tastes like. I'm not saying I don't enjoy food with flavor. I love flavorful and home-cooked food. For me though, eating is a necessity and I don't like spending frivolity on something I have to do to survive. If I wasn't a single hermit I think I'd actually enjoy cooking with and for a significant other. Such is not how things work for me though. My diet consists of butter rice, butter pasta, plain lentils and chickpeas, beans and occasionally eggs and toast for breakfast.
Not random enough. Try again....

marpilli

Chimp
Jul 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
I replaced the garbage disposal for an artist neighbor. In return I'll get a couple of 40" x 30" bike related paintings! Can't wait to see what she sketches out from the MTB related photos we gave her.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had the best ride today, for the last few months I have banned myself from riding a dually until I regained some skills and speed on the hardtail. First day on the dually today and I ****ing loved it, rode til just after sunset doing solo push runs over and over again.

Trail Ninja

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Vancouver Island
Doesn't sound like much fun! Sorry TrNi! You should be "LifeNinja"!! :)
I look at it this way. Nothing tastes good so I can eat anything. There's no "I don't like that so I can't eat it."

Chocolate cake, steak, carrots, bugs, tree bark, worms. They all taste equally bad. The last 3 are very good for you. Free food, and it's nutritious too!:D

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I look at it this way. Nothing tastes good so I can eat anything. There's no "I don't like that so I can't eat it."

Chocolate cake, steak, carrots, bugs, tree bark, worms. They all taste equally bad. The last 3 are very good for you. Free food, and it's nutritious too!:D
Sure makes it easier to live in a hammock in the woods too! Cuts down on trips to the grocery store! :weee:

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I don't think it's really set in yet that I bought a new computer.. I have a brand new top of the line gaming laptop sitting on my bed, but I set my 8 year old laptop up as a desktop yesterday and here I am posting from it.. :confused:

marpilli

Chimp
Jul 29, 2011
Dallas, TX

If you eat a lot of tree bark, do you sh|t out dowel rods?