Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Currently neither My brother or I are not allowed into Canada for reasons that don't seem to be fair. Our embassy cannot explain why? Very discouraging,

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
double negative says you're allowed entry...why are you mad about that (unless you desire to keep a border between you and mmike at all times)...
So we go to the Consulate. Everything is order. The Cat, my stuff, the truck, everything. I have money, he has money. No drugs or contraband was found. Only problem seems to be I was born in Canada and have a US passport. My brother is a US citizen with a Canadian brother. The confusion stems from the truth. I guess telling the truth is not how it works and we need to make up a good lie and stick with it as the US customs girl explained to us....
Just for shits and giggles we told the truth to her....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The unspoken agreement between cook and eater: I give you condiments, don’t fuck up my creation. Thanks asshole!

Koreans will never admit they are wrong.

Last edited:
In 2014, The Telegraph reported that Inge Hausen, a pensioner from the Nordic village of Tyrsil, contacted an explosions expert from the Norwegian army about a 25-year-old can of fermented herring, called surströmming. The swollen can had lifted Hausen's roof by two centimeters, and he feared it would explode.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Patty is wrong. Just plain wrong. Since you have to drive through Brighton to get to Pittsford (right, right unless you take the expressway). Pittsford has to be farther away?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I am now convinced that I am far better at riding singletrack than I am at walking. Navigating a hallway to door way transition often results in a pin ball effect, but pumping through tree lined "S" berms at speed and two wheel drifting, not a problem.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Using words, especially kind ones, is extremely useful in uncomfortable situations. Not knowing what to say, how to express, or what will be best received impedes the attempt at such words. The goal is certainly not to wait until the point of ex/implosion, however, what to do about sentence two?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Our efforts to rebuild the tree house/retreat platform had to be scuttled. A Red Falcons nest is above my platform. I can't justify disturbing them.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My idea was for Google Maps to put Railroad right of ways abandoned or active into street view. In a limited way in some places you can already. In most places you can't. I understand the difficulty in the task and all. I also think most major waterways should also be added as well. Discuss.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I also think they should have the "mapmyride" feature, so you can check mileage on runs and such. Totally agree with the above.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New kitty has calmed right down and is a awesome addition to my household. She talks a lot and is friendly to all visitors. Typical Bombay female. She loves my brother which is good as he will be taking care of her in my absence. She already weighs 7libs and loves raw fish and fowl. Ground Venison from last fall not so much... She got bit in the face by a spider and it got infected. Rachel put her on a leash in the garden and she did well. Rachel can trim her nails and brush her teeth. I cannot. She likes to drink the water after Rachel showers and steals her razors and hides them in her litterbox closet. She will also steal Rachels toothbrush now and then. Not mine just hers. Very weird.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I try to do one nice thing for someone everyday. Often the opportunity to do something nice for someone doesn't present itself. I keep trying however...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I can remember smells for days at a time. Sometimes it's a nasty smell like, several highway miles of chicken shit from driving past the farms.

Other times the smell I remember is quit pleasant, like today's mixed berry compote over lemon, vanilla, buttermilk pancakes. Mmmm berries...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I can remember smells for days at a time. Sometimes it's a nasty smell like, several highway miles of chicken shit from driving past the farms.

Other times the smell I remember is quit pleasant, like today's mixed berry compote over lemon, vanilla, buttermilk pancakes. Mmmm berries...
You understand. Thanks...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I am now convinced that I am far better at riding singletrack than I am at walking. Navigating a hallway to door way transition often results in a pin ball effect, but pumping through tree lined "S" berms at speed and two wheel drifting, not a problem.
Seriously... Walking is so much more hazardous than being on a bike or board for me.