Quantcast

the random thought thread

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I bought some Ezekiel cereal last night because it was on sale and I've heard good things about it. It flat out sucks. Pretty sure this is what they do with ground up cardboard from recycling plants.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I sometimes forget how cool my bike is. The thing is a Ferrari. #Skooks god bless him wherever he is always said "Bikeys are cool". I am a believer....

#Skookums

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I would like to experience real Chinese food, not the candied, deep fried, mystery meat sold in most restaurants.
Toronto has a huge Chinese population. Very good noodle shops. And awesome Asian food virtually everywhere. Greek, Polish, and Lebanese also. Wine is cheap and of good quality. Riding not so good.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Toronto has a huge Chinese population. Very good noodle shops. And awesome Asian food virtually everywhere. Greek, Polish, and Lebanese also. Wine is cheap and of good quality. Riding not so good.
After reading this I remembered when we used to go into China Town in Philly when I was a kid. Maybe I have had the real thing...just don't remember.

There was a place near here that had a separate room with a single large round table for parties. At the end of the night the staff would eat there and sometimes you could get a glimpse of their dishes. Nothing like the selections from the menu.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Replaced the bearings in my pivot. Shimmed out my rear brake finally. Tensioned and trued both sets of wheels. King Rear hub has been rebuilt. Pushed out my headset and put it back in. Bottom bracket the same. Fork needs service but works fine. Rear shock just needs blue stuff. Holds air however. Rounded the little screw on one of the ODI lock on rings. Shimano brakes. Can't beat them....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
On my facebook feed, I jsut saw some had posted one of those silly facebook "What is the secret meaning of your name" things...... So the woman that posted, apparently her name means that she's sweet and nice and great and all that stuff. I tried it with "Turd Ferguson", and got the exact same result.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just have to say it, I had a lovely phone conversation with AMS. While some of you suck (you know who you are) RM overall is a magical place full of people who generally don't suck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Never replace your bearings with cheapo OEM bearings. You can always find a better bearing then the ones spec'd by your bikes manufacturer. Cheap bearings never last for shit. Buy a press and have them properly installed so you don't ruin your frame. A socket and a hammer may work. But it may not either. Don't be a dumbass.... It is not fun having to replace a hub because you tightened the crap out of your axle for some reason. I am not your wheel builder. You can't afford me either.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just hit the wall, or should I say the wall hit me. Kayaked for 8 hours over the past two days and even staying hydrated and fueled up I am entering the zombie land of energy and consciousness....I feel like I am totally stoned.. good stuff.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Her: Its cold in here!

Me: Its 75 in here?

Her: Well I'm cold.

Me: I am not.

Her: You're a asshole! And then storms outside like she is going to walk the 4 miles to her house in the breezy 65 degree weather....

Me: typing this....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Definitely have a cold setting in, I'm tired and chilly, and I ache for no reason.
I should I'll have a beer.
I'm not a doctor. I'm doing all I can do.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Thank you mystery hiker for letting your dogs poop on the mountain biking trail. And I especially appreciate how you left Little Whisker's splendid gratuity in the middle of the trail for all to enjoy.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
note to self: next time realy really really really scrub your hands with soap and hot water and an abrasive scub pad after chopping up Habaero Peppers before you go use the restroom
Hot water only opens up the pores and makes it worse. Next time soak your hands in whole milk until it gets lukewarm. Then wash your hands in cold water and dish detergent. The milk helps to neutralize the capsaicin and the dish detergent is stronger than hand soap for removing the chili oils.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I love how you feel when you ask a Women on a date and she says yes. The time from the question to the actual date is so awesome. I am not sure why.