Quantcast

The Official Iron Horse Sunday / DW-Link Tech. & Tuning Section

allen

Chimp
Mar 25, 2012
NJ
I managed to get them out, change my spring...I even got them back in! problem is the thread is ruined on 1 side of each shock pin, would they be ok for a few rides with just the 1 scew in each side untill I can source some new shock pins?
I wouldn't do it. Riding around with things loose usually will end up with damage to the other things like your bearings or the pin will get galled up and grooved.

VolatileMike

Chimp
Aug 15, 2014
I wouldn't do it. Riding around with things loose usually will end up with damage to the other things like your bearings or the pin will get galled up and grooved.
It will just be quick ride, no drops or anything like that, and theres no movement there its solid.

How the hell do you guys set up your shock with it still on the bike?, I just about managed to out my shock pump on, but trying to untighten it and get it off is a nightmare! I need a pliers and I'm in work, damn!

Apr 17, 2014
How is it that light? Boxxer WC? Light wheels? Carbon handlebar? :)
Boxxer is a 2014 RC. Wheels are Superstar AM-490, light rims but overall 2140g for the pair, carbon handlebar indeed. Other bits worth mentioning are cut down 7 speed cassete, DM shifter, light tires with self sealing tubes to compensate, ti rotor bolts, Kore carbon seatpost, light NC-17 stem, Weeze chainguide (I think it is 115g)...

Full bikecheck here!

Now I'm thinking of a Ti spring and WC air kit on the Boxxer and a Angleset too..

Ps: had it in 15.87kg before with a Dhx Air shock and a 08 Boxxer Team with Protone air kit.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
F7 Linkage on the 6- & 7POINT have an idle set of seatstay-capable unmachined holes which could accommodate a relocated mounting position. There is not a raised boss, or enough supporting mass for rapid action at this end of the suspension.
Has this been a mod' to stretch the bike just a lil' bit??

allen

Chimp
Mar 25, 2012
NJ
F7 Linkage on the 6- & 7POINT have an idle set of seatstay-capable unmachined holes which could accommodate a relocated mounting position. There is not a raised boss, or enough supporting mass for rapid action at this end of the suspension.
Has this been a mod' to stretch the bike just a lil' bit??
Those holes were added to the linkage to reduce stress in that area. There was a post somewhere by DW where he explained that the holes were to decrease stress, not intended as a second location for rear to mount to.

AL

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Those holes were added to the linkage to reduce stress in that area. There was a post somewhere by DW where he explained that the holes were to decrease stress, not intended as a second location for rear to mount to.

AL
Totally knew this was not an alternate mounting point, but had to ask ya know??

Has previous upper linkage plates fit 10mm bearings & hardware? Visibly shorter in size, but these are at all similar to being scaled dimensional also??

szacsi72

Chimp
Jan 14, 2015
Hungary
Hi guys!

I'm David, and i'm completely new here.
Before I start to be a part of the page, I need to say that I don't speak english very well. Sorry :)
So, I'm building my first IH, and I'm so excited!
My first question to you is:
White or black rims? :)
Here are two pics from the previus owner. Epic Paint skills, be careful!
The other pic is the currently status.
3.png
2.png
sajt.jpg

Last edited:

szacsi72

Chimp
Jan 14, 2015
Hungary
I have thinked that white rims will look cool, cuz my handlebar is black, and my grip and stem is white.
So this black-white combo is great, and with white rims, my wheels will have this black-white also. (Black tires.)

I can't wait, my package from CrC is arriving in a few days :)

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Well, you can talk about rim colors all day long, as long as they are black! :D

Anyway, absolutely stunning looking frame.
I'd go with completely black components, minus fork, stem and grips.

szacsi72

Chimp
Jan 14, 2015
Hungary
Well, you can talk about rim colors all day long, as long as they are black! :D

Anyway, absolutely stunning looking frame.
I'd go with completely black components, minus fork, stem and grips.
Hopefully I can buy my new fork soon, and then I'll try out black and white too.

Last edited:

Doug

Chimp
Jan 30, 2015
Hey all. I've recently acquired a 2006 ironhorse sunday factory frame and wanted to install an angleset headset in the frame (-2.0 degree). I wanted to ask what size of headset would fit in the frame if I was ordering a 2.0 degree headset from workscomponents? Cheers

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
it's a 1.5 head tube, currently using this from works component:
2.0 degree ZS49 - ZS49 "traditional 1.5" reducer headset,

the dh fork's *(fox 40) steerer tube is non tapered, 1 1/8 straight.

Doug

Chimp
Jan 30, 2015
it's a 1.5 head tube, currently using this from works component:
2.0 degree ZS49 - ZS49 "traditional 1.5" reducer headset,

the dh fork's *(fox 40) steerer tube is non tapered, 1 1/8 straight.
Thanks a lot buddy! Would it be the SET 4 123-129 mm version I'm looking for?

hitar_potar

Monkey
Sep 23, 2011
Ruse, Bulgaria
Yep, 123-129mm version is OK for the Sunday as its headtube is 127mm long.
been on a -2 degrees angleset, went to a -3 degrees - the bike became even faster and more stable at high speeds. :)

szacsi72

Chimp
Jan 14, 2015
Hungary
Also matter where are u using.
Like here, in Hungary we don't have big mountains but long trails with little descent.
So a -2° is better.
But I wanna try out a -3°!

Last edited:

Doug

Chimp
Jan 30, 2015
Does anybody know if you can run a 2014 rockshox vivid coil shock on a sunday with the bos linkage?

Doug

Chimp
Jan 30, 2015
How would I go about removing a shock from my 06 sunday? The top pivot is easy enough to remove but I haven't a clue how to remove the lower part. I've looked through google but nothing seems to really explain how to do it properly. Any help appreciated. Cheers!

szacsi72

Chimp
Jan 14, 2015
Hungary
How would I go about removing a shock from my 06 sunday? The top pivot is easy enough to remove but I haven't a clue how to remove the lower part. I've looked through google but nothing seems to really explain how to do it properly. Any help appreciated. Cheers!
Dear Doug

Remove the screw on the right side, install an other, longer screw, and use you hammer.
It only will come off on the left side, because [linked pic.]
Make sure the screw is deep inside enought, or u will break the srewthread.
Hope this helps!

http://images.ridemonkey.com/index.php?size=full&src=http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/471380_10150806871399136_664464135_11865362_233399286_o.jpg

http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/images/wp_20140829_002_large.jpg

Doug

Chimp
Jan 30, 2015
Dear Doug

Remove the screw on the right side, install an other, longer screw, and use you hammer.
It only will come off on the left side, because [linked pic.]
Make sure the screw is deep inside enought, or u will break the srewthread.
Hope this helps!

http://images.ridemonkey.com/index.php?size=full&src=http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/471380_10150806871399136_664464135_11865362_233399286_o.jpg

http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/images/wp_20140829_002_large.jpg
Cheers buddy, I'll have a go later when I'm home from work :)

bengxe

Monkey
Dec 19, 2011
upstate NY
06 is different from 07. The pin can come out either direction on an 06, and there's no expanding portion of the pin to lock it in place. And if that's a bos link in that picture, a 2014 vivid definitely wouldn't fit without a lot of cutting.

Mat

Chimp
Nov 6, 2014
Does anybody know if you can run a 2014 rockshox vivid coil shock on a sunday with the bos linkage?
I use a vivid air (old knob-version) with a BOS-link. Works perfect. But if a new vivid will work? Try it out and let me know.