Quantcast

The great Fiscal Cliff face off thread.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i find lesbianism ironic - don't want to have a man inside of them, yet there he is...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i find lesbianism ironic - don't want to have a man inside of them, yet there he is...
a friend lost her gf to a guy....i told her try three fingers....couldn't have hurt.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
where's syadasti when you need him to sh!t all over mileage numbers...
I'll step in: http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2012/12/owners-report-fords-latest-hybrids-dont-live-up-to-47-mpg-claims.html

For both the new C-Max Hybrid and Ford Fusion Hybrid, the company estimates the cars will return 47 mpg in either city or highway driving. Now media outlets are sharing owner tales of Ford's new hybrids not living up to those claims. (Read related coverage from Automotive News, Green Car Reports, and Fox News.)

At last check, the official EPA website, fueleconomy.gov, has gathered estimates from 14 real-world C-Max Hybrid owners and five 2013 Fusion Hybrid owners. The C-Max owners report averaging 40.5 mpg; the Fusion Hybrid owners, just 37.1 mpg.

Again, your results may vary.

We've bought one of each of these cars, and our test drivers are busy putting break-in miles on them. We'll report results from our own real-world fuel economy tests as soon as we have them.

In the meantime, our anecdotal experience also isn't living up to Ford's 47 mpg claims. The trip computer in our C-Max has been wavering between about 33 mpg and 39 mpg. We've only had our Fusion Hybrid for two weeks, but one driver with a long commute says he saw about 40 mpg on its trip computer.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i see inflated numbers here at elevation, e.g., 31 over 400 miles colo spgs to aspen & back for a 2000 jetta vr6, including 3 mtn passes each way. same results for colo spgs to durango & back.

specs at 28 hwy, so mine is around 10% better, and i drive like an asshole

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i see inflated numbers here at elevation, e.g., 31 over 400 miles colo spgs to aspen & back for a 2000 jetta vr6, including 3 mtn passes each way. same results for colo spgs to durango & back.

specs at 28 hwy, so mine is around 10% better, and i drive like an asshole
Buy it, report sh!tty mileage, sue for profit like they did against Honda.

But it seems Honda won the appeal, so your mileage may vary.