Quantcast

The future is now

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The Roost Carbon pokes fun at mountain biking’s constantly changing “standards” with 28-inch wheels, a 13-speed 11-53 tooth cassette, a 1500 millimeter wheelbase for “prone” geometry, 188mm dropout spacing and a massive BB shell. According to Ridiculous Bikes, these standards are “all not patented and free for use by all drunkards.”

Disclaimer from Ridiculous Bikes:
This full 3D video was not meant to diss anyone or discourage change in the MTB industry, there are no affiliations to Club Roost products and the video was created for fun in one afternoon after an awesome trail ride! Cheers.

It's not funny if you apologize for it right off the bat. Jeesh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Roost Carbon pokes fun at mountain biking’s constantly changing “standards” with 28-inch wheels, a 13-speed 11-53 tooth cassette, a 1500 millimeter wheelbase for “prone” geometry, 188mm dropout spacing and a massive BB shell. According to Ridiculous Bikes, these standards are “all not patented and free for use by all drunkards.”

Disclaimer from Ridiculous Bikes:
This full 3D video was not meant to diss anyone or discourage change in the MTB industry, there are no affiliations to Club Roost products and the video was created for fun in one afternoon after an awesome trail ride! Cheers.

It's not funny if you apologize for it right off the bat. Jeesh.
Or admit that it is satire. Got to ride that horse right off the cliff.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Naaah. We need other standards now. Maybe seatpost wars again? Or special properietary internal routing that requires special specalized brake hoses?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Naaah. We need other standards now. Maybe seatpost wars again? Or special properietary internal routing that requires special specalized brake hoses?
I, for one, welcome our future hexagonal fork steerer/upper headset/stem overlords. I'm tired of thinking my stem/front wheel combo isn't properly aligned.
hexagonal steerers and seatposts.

I have always felt that the fasteners on my bike are not optimized. I propose pentagram head bolts in metric diameter with inch pitch threads.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I once failed to properly tighten my steerer. Wheel decided to point in an undesireable direction in the middle of a high speed corner. Done got my bell rung good on that one.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I once failed to properly tighten my steerer. Wheel decided to point in an undesireable direction in the middle of a high speed corner. Done got my bell rung good on that one.
You should have sued someone.

Is the Roost bike coming with H20 brakes and mandatory Procore?

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
hexagonal steerers and seatposts.

I have always felt that the fasteners on my bike are not optimized. I propose pentagram head bolts in metric diameter with inch pitch threads.
I think the 1/2" pedal thread's days are numbered. It's literally the only interface on a bike that's remained 'standard.' It works fine, but I'm sure some bike industry 'engineer' is eyeing it up somewhere...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think the 1/2" pedal thread's days are numbered. It's literally the only interface on a bike that's remained 'standard.' It works fine, but I'm sure some bike industry 'engineer' is eyeing it up somewhere...
Integrated composite axles bonded to the crank. Cleats integral with the shoe.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You mean 9/16". 1/2" hasn't been standard since the days of one piece cranks.

Olga_icannot

Chimp
Aug 16, 2014
Seattle
That train left the station long ago. Probably dating myself here but these things used to come into the shop not infrequently when I was still a shop grom. Luckily I think I've outgrown my grom status.
Dura-Ace-AX-cset_pedals_small.jpg

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Naw, since pedals are nearly the last thing threaded on a bike, we need to first have a new threadless pedal standard.

18 months after that, the first oversized threadless pedal standard will be announced.