Quantcast

The Dream Thread

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I often have crazy dreams. I'm sure the rest of you do too. They are always a guaranteed chuckle or two. So let's hear it, what did you dream last night?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'll start. Last night I dreamed that I was being recruited for a job in the Aerospace industry by the Bobs from Office Space. They wanted me badly enough that they came into my current job and took me out for a hamburger and milkshake. The job was in Alaska. I'm not sure I took the job, but I woke up before I can confirm either way.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my dreams are not fun anymore because i know i am dreaming and iam subconciously telling myself to wake the fuck up.

and more often than not when i sleep it is a light sleep and i can still hear shit going on around me half the time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i dream a lot. mostly nightmares though. occasionally lucid. sometimes night terrors. sobriety makes them worse, so i drink a lot. take that subconcious!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The other night I dreamed that the lady friend was on trial for hacking some guy to pieces after he hopped on her boat. She was on trial for self defense but the judge decided he would rather everyone go to a bath house and spend some time in the sauna beforehand to relax.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
2 nights ago I had a dream that I was mountain biking. But along the trail there were tons of wooden gates. But I was able to hop over them trails style, Then I hit a tree.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I often have a dream where I can manual forever. It's very liberating just cruising around on the back tire. Somehow I keep speed even though I'm buzzing along over flat ground.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mostly this, when I dream at all. Usually I start thrashing around and talking, which wakes up the wife, who then wakes me up, but I did have one the other night where I woke myself up yelling. No Bueno. :thumbsdown:
Y'all are fucking nuts. I don't think I have ever had a stereotypical nightmare (scary dream). When I am stressed I get anxiety filled dreams thinking about the shit that is stressing me. Shit get's weird but never nightmarish.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have some pretty awesome and fucked up fun dreams.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
My meds suppress my nightmares. Dreaming is rare--but when I was backpacking and sleeping under the stars they came back! Explain that!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I've had very vivid nightmares ever since I was a kid. Used to cause sleeping problems when I was a kid but sort of became immune to them as I got older. Also, don't have as many as I used to but still a few nights a week.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The dreams in which I am dying are the best I have ever had.
I find it hard to tell you.
I find it hard to take.
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world, mad world....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
As Mitch Hedberg said why can't I just have a dream of me sleeping.
Once, while enduring a bout of insomnia and after laying in bed for hours before finally drifting off to sleep, I dreamed that I was awake trying to go to sleep. When I woke up I wasn't sure if I had actually slept.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I often have a dream where I can manual forever. It's very liberating just cruising around on the back tire. Somehow I keep speed even though I'm buzzing along over flat ground.
I have that dream as well. It happens so often that it alerts to me to the fact that I'm asleep and dreaming because I cannot manual like that.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Some times I have dreams where I'm battling demons or zombies or other baddies. It's totally video game status, running around mowing fools down with shotguns or swords or something. Those are super fun.

On occasion I get the anxiety dreams where I'm late for something or forgot to do something important. Then I'll wake up all tense and upset. Fuck those ones.

i dream a lot. mostly nightmares though. occasionally lucid. sometimes night terrors. sobriety makes them worse, so i drink a lot. take that subconcious!
Weed is much better at making you not dream. Eat an edible about an hour before bedtime and you'll have the sleep of the dead. That sleep where you just close your eyes and then all of a sudden it's morning.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Back when I used to annihilate myself every night with absurds amounts of booze, I would occasionally wake up/come to with no idea who I was, where I was, or what I'm supposed to be doing. This would only last for 30 seconds or so, but it was just enough to be alarming.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back when I used to annihilate myself every night with absurds amounts of booze, I would occasionally wake up/come to with no idea who I was, where I was, or what I'm supposed to be doing. This would only last for 30 seconds or so, but it was just enough to be alarming.
After a rough night of drinking in college I woke up in a dark cramped space. Too dark to see I felt around. Was laying on my back on a hard surface, there was a hard surface directly above me. I had a moment of panic thinking I could be in a coffin, however I had plenty of room to move sideways. Ended up crawling out from under a bed, in an empty room in a sorority. Took a few weeks to figure out what the hell had transpired. The reality was pretty boring but that initial waking moment was terrifying.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Saturday night = I was back in Nepal, albeit a vastly different looking Nepal from the one I visited. They were being bombed by some other random country that was apparently only 20 minutes away from Italy. Why I don't know, but my dog was in it and one of his legs and his tail had fallen off as a result of the bombings. He seemed to be getting around pretty well as a tripod.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I was having a dream about a doorframe I couldn't align to nail, and I was fighting it for what seemed like forever. Woke up and it turned out I had to take a piss!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Drank too much wine and had vivid terrifying nightmares last night about those I love the most basically destroying themselves. *shudder*

I used to have this reoccurring dream as a child and teen where my grandma's dog, Austie, would be playing with me, and then suddenly another Austie would show up. The second dog was there to try to stop the first one, who was actually an evil impostor, and would immediately start to attack me at this point in the dream. As I got older Austie was replaced with other family pets, and then people in my life. This dream last night was reminiscent of that, but without the double to come help.

What is the earliest age you remember dreams from? I remember some from 4 and 5.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Crazy chicks like to talk about their dreams, like they are meaningful and important. They are never of interest to anyone outside their own head.

I'm a 40 year old man with a day job; I have no dreams.