Quantcast

The Bakery: The Power of Not Giving a F*ck

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
not being able to ride.
This where you and I are seeing a disconnect. This has very little to do being able to shell out for lift tickets. I started snowboarding in the 80s and rode for years before I ever touched a chairlift. I agree it's good having money poured in for development of gear but the avi stuff would have happened anyway. That's not designed primarily for ski areas you know.

Not to mention I don't get any kicks from feeling my sport is underground and only cool people I like ride snowboards. Never understood that. Also you glorify the old times. It was equally as lame in some cases.
Now you're just projecting.........I never said any of that shlt :rofl:

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
I know someone that might be going on vacation.

Speaking of not giving a ****...somebody, please, do me the favor.
I don't really belong in a place where people get all upset about rude responses to an article that espouses rudeness for rudeness' sake in the first place. Maybe I can come back when I'm a much smugger know-it-all so I fit in better.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
Obviously, one of the so-called mods here disagrees. I'm a ****ty person, and out of all the ****ty posts made on this ****ty site, mine are just so ****ing over-the-top ****ty they need to be thrown on the ****-heap and I need to be personally ****ted upon in retribution.

So I say again, hey BV - GFY.
Slappy

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Post up some stuff and gimme 5 minutes.
Then I bet you can find plenty of stuff to get frothy about on my wordpress blog.

I recently deleted the 20 post flame thread I had with the publisher and editor of Bicycling Magazine.
That one was FUN, but man, you know, bro- you gotta sell out to eat out and sometimes we need to cut the print media some slack. They have it hard enough without all of us internet blowhards giving them constant rafts of **** for not being as cool or principled as we are.

Also-

It's funny how some posters only show up in threads when it's time for violent posturing, winter rage and bald-faced misogyny.
(I'm looking at you, Dennis)

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
Also-

It's funny how some posters only show up in threads when it's time for violent posturing, winter rage and bald-faced misogyny.
(I'm looking at you, Dennis)

Oh great, another finger-wagger from Mickey on internet etiquette. I haven't had one of those in a few years.
Should I bother proving you wrong? Or can you operate the search function on your own there, Mr Omniscient?

If you could look back at my deleted posts, the only thing you'd see is a couple slightly off-color cross-references to a nasty old dead guy (that the author seems to think was something other than a waste of skin) and my observation that the author can't seem to distinguish between not caring and looking for attention. So you can jump right up on that GFY horse too homey.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wow.

Getting a little bent out of shape?

I actually went through and read your response - yours was only deleted because it was quoting one of the unpleasant ones.

You don't need me to ban you, if you don't like it here, you're perfectly able to leave. You know it's a choice to click on the site, right?

There's more than a little hyperbole here, in any event. Plenty of people get mad at each other on this site. 99.99% of posts are not deleted. We delete a tiny, tiny fraction of the posts here, ban an even tinier fraction of users, and generally let the discussion go unimpeded.

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
Wow.

Getting a little bent out of shape?

I actually went through and read your response - yours was only deleted because it was quoting one of the unpleasant ones.

You don't need me to ban you, if you don't like it here, you're perfectly able to leave. You know it's a choice to click on the site, right?

There's more than a little hyperbole here, in any event. Plenty of people get mad at each other on this site. 99.99% of posts are not deleted. We delete a tiny, tiny fraction of the posts here, ban an even tinier fraction of users, and generally let the discussion go unimpeded.
Which is why I was surprised when mine were gone and it looked like you lumped me under the '****ty posts from ****ty people' blanket. I actually DON'T give much of a **** about the the whole internet chat world, but in general, call me out as a ****ty person for little to no reason, I'm gonna launch a GFY. Seems reasonable to me.

And as far as Mickey, well...ya make a couple lame GG Allin cracks and end up with him whining that you're all about "violent posturing, winter rage and bald-faced misogyny." Holy ****ing drama queen.
(I do miss you in a strange way tho Mick - wish I had lots of time to argue over nothing like in the old days. :p)

**** all ya'll. I just don't give a ****.
:D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This where you and I are seeing a disconnect. This has very little to do being able to shell out for lift tickets. I started snowboarding in the 80s and rode for years before I ever touched a chairlift. I agree it's good having money poured in for development of gear but the avi stuff would have happened anyway. That's not designed primarily for ski areas you know.

Now you're just projecting.........I never said any of that shlt :rofl:
So what's gotten worse? I have to project something when you are not giving me any reason's why what I said is debatable. In what way skate culture better than snowboard culture?

Also yes I also started when it was banned and you had to hike(with a brick heavy lipstick board). The resort ban was lifted way later here but I live far from the hills so I enjoy lifts after a 5h drive. Even if it's maybe 50% of the distance to the start of a pow line. If I lived in the mountains I may not have cared so much but it is still convenient. Also I've met some awesome people riding I probably wouldn't have met if the sport wasn't so popular.

Mr Horse

Chimp
Sep 9, 2012
I still haven't read the article.
Apparently I gave a enough of a **** to see what all the fuss was about and read the article.

From my understanding is that it goes like this:

Girl working at bike event meets incoherent, possibly intoxicated man-child in a marble bag at the registration desk of a bike event.

Despite her brief interaction with him and the fact that he is probably a douche bag, she is enamoured enough with his personality that she takes the time to take pictures of him riding a bike in his bikini briefs and postulate the theory that perhaps he has some redeeming qualities.

The rest of the article is a convoluted process of her trying to connect the cultural differences between the skate boarding and punk rock scene with that of mountain biking. She goes on to state that mountain bikers come across as effimnate in society and could stand to use an infusion of skate/ punk rock antisocial attitude into it's culture to make it more attractive to the masses.

I'm waiting for the follow up article where they become romantically involved, he moves in with her and despite her best attempts to tame/ reform/ shape him into a more socially responsible person, he continues his douchey behavior. There will also probably be a paragraph where she introduces him to her parents which ends in disaster when he raids her dad's liqour cabinet and they find him in the morning, dick-down in a pool of his own urine on her mom's new sofa.