Quantcast

The annual lets try to meet in Morzine and fail thread

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yup. We had good weather for 5 or 6 days for the past 2 weeks. The forecasts don't look too good for the next 2 weeks but it's the same all over yurp. Hafjell is a river by now, Schladming will be rainy too.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
since yesterday , the weather is good
but there is so much mud in some places....
the single tracks are great even when wet. so its good.
the pleney new part is unrideable , but you can go throgh the old part and its OK now.
if you are here, say hi :)

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Morgins was running good yesterday. All the rain didn't seem to hurt things too bad. There are a couple spots with brake bumps but we'll fix those this week. There's a race this weekend and the fastest overal combined time on 4 tracks wins a wheel of cheese and a side of bacon.

UncleHowie

Chimp
Feb 9, 2011
Switzerland
Morgins was running good yesterday. All the rain didn't seem to hurt things too bad. There are a couple spots with brake bumps but we'll fix those this week. There's a race this weekend and the fastest overal combined time on 4 tracks wins a wheel of cheese and a side of bacon.
I don't know why but Morgins is one of the few places that's great in every condition. The trails there are one of my favorites I've ever ridden (and I still think this after I've been in whistler!).

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
single tracks on the Pleney and Super Morzine today where great.
the mail line on the Pleney is better too. they are working on it to fix everything.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Anybody around this week? 3 (well.. Two and a half) of us Scots arrive in Morzine tonight

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm here for 5-8 days with the wife - if anyone is around, please hit me up. I have no idea how to navigate all of this terrain, but I also just arrived in town a few hours ago.

I need to find a bike rental shop tomorrow as well if anyone happens to have any suggestions.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm about to embark on my final day at PDS.

I rode Les Gets, Morzine (Plenty), Chatel, and the Avoriaz DH runs. Today I'm heading back to Chatel (that place is the real deal) and I'm going to try the Super Morzine trails. I thought Les Gets was terrible due to all the braking bumps, except for the ultra-steep rooty, muddy unmarked trail I accidentally found.

Also, the French National track from Avoriaz is BRUTAL right now - I've ridden in plenty of mud but have never seen rocks that slick - it was like riding on ice even when not touching the brakes. It was really fun but I'm really surprised I made it down that in one piece.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I'm about to embark on my final day at PDS.

I rode Les Gets, Morzine (Plenty), Chatel, and the Avoriaz DH runs. Today I'm heading back to Chatel (that place is the real deal) and I'm going to try the Super Morzine trails. I thought Les Gets was terrible due to all the braking bumps, except for the ultra-steep rooty, muddy unmarked trail I accidentally found.

Also, the French National track from Avoriaz is BRUTAL right now - I've ridden in plenty of mud but have never seen rocks that slick - it was like riding on ice even when not touching the brakes. It was really fun but I'm really surprised I made it down that in one piece.
My friends and I are riding Morgins today if you want to come over. I'm on an orange Gambler if you want to say hi.