Quantcast

Swinger 3-way issue?

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Hey guys, did a search and found some similar info on this, but nothing that was exatly what I noticed... anyways

So my buddy just got his new bike, and we took it out for it's first ride this weekend (remember I live in IL still FLAT!) So just did a normal trail ride no drops or big hits.. nothing outa the norm...

I wanted to take it for a quick spin cause it's a SWEET bike and I'm so jealous of it, haha. I notice the rebound damping on the rear shock has left the bike and is down for the count. :confused:

Figure he was just messing with the nob, but no.. the shock just doesn't have the rebound damping... also if you compress it hard then at the very bottom of the stroke the rebound damping grabs hard and barely lets the shock rebound, but at the top of the stroke it rebounds so hard the shock tops out with a thud.

Just wonderd if you guys had noticed this before or if there is a known issue with them. (or hell maybe there's just something I haven't noticed that is causing it)

Thanks

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The rebound nob, and all other adjustments, come turned full slow from the factory from Manitou these days. Make sure the shock isn't on full slow...

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
SuspectDevice said:
The rebound nob, and all other adjustments, come turned full slow from the factory from Manitou these days. Make sure the shock isn't on full slow...
Trust me, I'm not that much of a newbie ;)

I've tried adjusting it full slow to full fast.. like I said at different levels of the stroke it acts differently...

top of stroke super fast rebound, it tops out with a thud

bottom of stoke it rebounds super slow

and all this does not change when you adjust the rebound damping knob either way.