Quantcast

Sunn Radical Carbon

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
As much as I loved the looks and weight of the Radical I had, DAMN i was glad to get rid of it. Geometry and suspension performance wasn't really up to date, and working on that thing in the shop... Gives me shrudders just thinking about it.

I would just like to see the faces of a few of my buddies when they see that picture the first time, given the experience I had with the bike...

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
why would you bother, Sunn fix your customer service and stop the alloy one from breaking first. I kinda had a love hate relationship with mine. Loved how light it was and thought the back end worked well but the sizing was wierd, no medium just small and large. The only part on my full build i got whenever they first came out that didnt break was the xo rear mech. In 3 years every part including various parts of the frame broke and they were a disaster to deal with. I waited saved for ages to get mine and was so dissapointed with it after the first year of owning it. Was glad to see the back of it for sure. The carbon one doesnt look great either. I did like to look of the last alloy version they had before they went bang pity it never saw the light of day as far as being in production

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
tbh, that first picture looks more like somebody is having fun with the internetz...

is sunn still around?
they weren't even able to bring their DH team through the 2012 season, and supply them with bikes.

joeg

I have some obvious biases
Jul 20, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
tbh, that first picture looks more like somebody is having fun with the internetz...
exactly, its partially photochopped V10. The downtube, protectors, even the "pivot" on the chainstay is the hanger bolt on a V10.

I was waiting for the "I can't believe they put a Descendant crank on it!"