Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Almost 4 hours of mtb yesterday with good friends and perfect trail conditions. Then went to the bike shop for some shoe and cleat fitting, then to the beach for some snacks on the beach and finished off with tacos at the surf club. Now I need a good strong coffee.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired. Dave Matthews was awesome. Tickets were 10th row. I love getting tickets from friends who have entertainment budget.

Wifey left for California about 20min ago. It's just me, Haley, Layla, and the cat until Thursday. Yeah fun.

My current manager isn't going to make me stay on the phone this next week. I can study for my series 65 instead of work. It was an amazing surprise. I have a feeling that it was my new manager that requested it. It's not his normal personality that be so unselfish.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Mother in law flies in this morning to stay for the week. This is actually a good thing, as she is a net benefit when around.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just took one final swim in Lake George before heading back home.
Maybe I'll take a swim in the ocean when I get there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got the suspension upgrades completed on the truck yesterday then went to a party until midnight, Putting the 48" hitch extension truss on then going over to the barn and hooking up the horse trailer and taking the rig out to make sure I have everything level and balaced before we head off to the regional championships in 3 weeks. This will give me time to modify things on the handling if needed.

ride then BBQ this afternoon

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went for bike ride yesterday. Parking lot was a staging area for a road triathlon. Luckily peace was found once I hit the trail. The shit you overhear at a tri can never be mistaken for another event:

"I could really go for a big glass of zinfandel right now"- a dude
"I got some sick GoPro footage of my transition"
"I got dehydrated because I did not want to break my aero-position to take a drink"
"I'm not going to wash my race number off for a week"

I made up the last one, but I am sure it was said or thought by most of the people there.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Fun ride. First rain in months, and a massive windstorm yesterday. I was expecting a ton of blowdown all over the trails, but they were clear, surprisingly. Bumped into a buddy who was out for a hike so walked out with him in case anything would take 2 guys to move.

Strange how it was wet, yet dry...

Does that count as "trail work"?

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Neighbors kid ate all my Grape Tomatoes. She has been a good helper. I guess she deserved them... Missing a few Eggplants also. I wish they would steal the squash and cukes...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I want an opportunity to say "damn this eggplant is delicious." Haven't had that time yet. It's always been soggy and/or covered in parmesan cheese.

Trails were cut, jackets worn, felt like fall is coming on. The only things remotely like work today were the watering of the lawn and I dropped the temperature set point on a room of gala apples from 35 to 34.4 degrees. Also have lines from Little Blue Truck stuck in my head.

The cow came running with the pig and the sheep!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Aw crap, stuck driving the short bus for the forseable future. The regular driver did not show on Friday. They got busted for DUI Thursday night and were still in the jail ward at the hospital, (felony injury accident). DMV suspended their DL on the spot. DOT regs say bye bye (suspension until conviction then termination) It's going to take at least a week to process one of our other divisions drivers through the background checks and trainings.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I want an opportunity to say "damn this eggplant is delicious." Haven't had that time yet. It's always been soggy and/or covered in parmesan cheese.

Trails were cut, jackets worn, felt like fall is coming on. The only things remotely like work today were the watering of the lawn and I dropped the temperature set point on a room of gala apples from 35 to 34.4 degrees. Also have lines from Little Blue Truck stuck in my head.

The cow came running with the pig and the sheep!
and the little blue truck went beep beep beep!