Quantcast

sunday gfmt

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Morning gents and 2 chicks on RM (treesaw/skivarmit) . Working today and thinking of going to see all that remains next week. I saw ATR in Vegas earlier this year opening for InFlames and they put on a pretty good show . Also any metal band that comes out to House of Pain is cool in my books!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Up earlyish. Only 1 cup of coffee, but polished off the last if yesterday's fried rice with some fried eggs. Fire is going. Gotta get another cup of coffee going then chili into the crock pot.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Road ride today. Broncos/Bears later, that should be good.
No skiing today but a sizeable storm setting up for the holidays. Woot!

I have a ton of parts to clean up and post for sale. I should get on that today too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm uploading a video of Mariko "reading" He Bear, She Bear at the moment. I could use more upload (and download!) bandwidtdh, that's for sure: 213 minutes remaining at the moment.

Thankfully that will be addressed in exactly one month's time, as I'll be moving from effectively 30/5 Mbps service to 1000/1000 Mbps (or is it the technically accurate 1024/1024 Mbps?). Winning, without HIV a la Charlie Sheen, too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^
my sunrise was like that....but it was hot chocolate....raisin bran....obligatory post raisin bran constitutional.

it brightened my mood.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Installed the cylinder head I have been working on for the past week yesterday. Decided to keep the OEM cam in the engine. Results were outstanding. Engine has significantly more low end torque and pulls strong close to 7000 RPM. 0-60 times reduced by 2 seconds, that is significant, still slow by modern standards but damn good for a little 50 year tractor engine. Sounds a little angrier too.

http://vid75.photobucket.com/albums/i285/wallingmj/Mobile Uploads/2015-11/VID_20151121_193849169_zpsftnhgyp2.mp4

I am paying for my efforts with hands that look like they got caught in a blender and throbbing shoulder.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Drizzle/rain this morning with temps hardly reaching 40F. I had a nice ride, a little slippery but fun. Now headed to a local taqueria for a brunch.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
buenos dias.
good date last night. cool chica. talked aquaponics & urban gardening in a bar over loud music. suffice to say we hit it off.
Meeting a client today then looking at an expensive room on the northern edge of the valley. The dudes are both climbers & seem cool. This is my back up plan.
Heading to the mountains a day early now. I have lots of books, a fresh wax jobs on the planks, new tires on the truck...im ready to GTFO of Vegas.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. 42 miles on the tri bike today. 17.8 mph. It was chilly. My core was fine, but my hands and feet got cold. Need to wear the winter gloves next time...windblocker not enough.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just rode in the snow. I had boogers all in my beard, mud on my glasses and a frozen asshole from sitting on slush but what a damn fun ride. As slippery as it was, I somehow managed to keep it on two wheels. No JimmyDean'ing today.

I also found my bank card today, which has been missing all week. I've been walking around on it; it was in my shoe. :bonk:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Woke up at the in laws. Went to the hardware store this morning. Drove home. Off to ikea. Again. Fuck that place. At least the end is in sight for the kitchen reno.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up at the in laws. Went to the hardware store this morning. Drove home. Off to ikea. Again. Fuck that place. At least the end is in sight for the kitchen reno.
You're clearly doing it wrong! Have to fit a ride in there somewhere :D

Rode I don't know, maybe 14 miles. Did not bother to swap pedals. Met a "local" guy I run into on the trails occasionally; we're both on new iron. Chicken with ginger, onions, pepper, and a Torpedo has been stewing gently since about 1:00 PM. Will add carrots and mushrooms about an hour before I serve it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
You're clearly doing it wrong! Have to fit a ride in there somewhere :D
I just rode for a week in Arizona. I need to let the dust settle (or at least have the kitchen built) before I go for another ride... Besides, my bike is still in its bag, gotta preserve that red dust as long as possible!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I just rode for a week in Arizona. I need to let the dust settle (or at least have the kitchen built) before I go for another ride... Besides, my bike is still in its bag, gotta preserve that red dust as long as possible!
There is always red dust on the bike...of course trips to the red rocks are fairly regular 'round these parts. :brows:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Installed the cylinder head I have been working on for the past week yesterday. Decided to keep the OEM cam in the engine. Results were outstanding. Engine has significantly more low end torque and pulls strong close to 7000 RPM. 0-60 times reduced by 2 seconds, that is significant, still slow by modern standards but damn good for a little 50 year tractor engine. Sounds a little angrier too.

http://vid75.photobucket.com/albums/i285/wallingmj/Mobile Uploads/2015-11/VID_20151121_193849169_zpsftnhgyp2.mp4

I am paying for my efforts with hands that look like they got caught in a blender and throbbing shoulder.
did you drop the OD transmission in yet?

for fun....run it on a tank of race gas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
did you drop the OD transmission in yet?

for fun....run it on a tank of race gas.
I have not. Decided that I did not want to get pinned under a car with a transmission stuck on my chest. Will install when I do some major work like pulling an engine.

Race gas wouldn't make any difference unless I could somehow crank the compression up a few more points. Race gas is just very high octane gas. It does not increase power on its own, it just has detonation/pinging resistance which allows you to run very high compressor or boost. I might see a few HP as it could let me run with a little more timing but the difference would be negligible driving on the street.

If E85 was readily available on the east coast I could crank the compression up to 13:1, drop in a fat ass cam and scoot around like I had a v8 under the hood.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Race gas wouldn't make any difference unless I could somehow crank the compression up a few more points. Race gas is just very high octane gas. It does not increase power on its own, it just has detonation/pinging resistance which allows you to run very high compressor or boost. I might see a few HP as it could let me run with a little more timing but the difference would be negligible driving on the street.
yes.

what do you think your compression is at now?

i'm just thinking you won't be dumping 87 in it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yes.

what do you think your compression is at now?

i'm just thinking you won't be dumping 87 in it.
I don't have to estimate. If I ever had any OCD tendencies it is in measuring things. I know my actual combustion chamber volume, head gasket compressed thickness and piston to deck height.

The actual volumetric compression ratio is 9.5:1. OEM's only seem to consider swept vs chamber volume, so that would be 10.5:1 in OEM speak. This is up from 8.7:1 (OEM spec, 7.5:1 reality). I am running 93 octane as I am also running up to 43 degrees of ignition advance.

I probably could have gone a little higher but there are diminishing returns with higher detonation risks.

Pretty happy with where things are at. I can now lose traction under acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear with an engine only a little bigger than a lot of modern motorcycle engines.