Quantcast

starting the planning phase...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I'm thinking of building up a dually in the next few months. Looking for feedback from you guys on a frame. Here's what I want:

4-6" adjustable travel
uninterupted seat tube
ISCG mount
4-bar linkage
US produced if possible
$1000-1200 retail

Frames I've looked at so far on the web is the Azonic Saber(no ISCG and foreign produced I believe) and Banshee Chapparal (same as Azonic).

I want this bike for aggro trail and drops here and there. Right now I have an endless and a morphine with a monster and both are great but sometimes I wish I had a burly fs instead of two hts - more than likely I'll part ways with the morphine. Your feedback is appreciated!

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
I believe the frames are made in Taiwan. And Taiwan is not a state, but you L-town folk couldn't name all of them anyways. :)

The preston looks sweet, what's your projected build for this new dually?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Projected build will be:

z-1 qr 20 or maybe z150 - not decided
ck headset
avid 6"
air corp/hope fr, air corp profile bolt-on rr
srs with profiles
31.8 diabolus stem and bars
8-speed sram drivetrain

It won't be light but it will be lighter than my morphine. I think I'm going to hang on to my monster since it is like new for another build down the road...

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Mr Tiles said:
Projected build will be:

z-1 qr 20 or maybe z150 - not decided
ck headset
avid 6"
air corp/hope fr, air corp profile bolt-on rr
srs with profiles
31.8 diabolus stem and bars
8-speed sram drivetrain

It won't be light but it will be lighter than my morphine. I think I'm going to hang on to my monster since it is like new for another build down the road...
Damn, you know how to build it right. No matter what frame you put those parts on, it'll be fun. Another build down the road huh.....?