Quantcast

Stan's DH rim strip on Rhyno's?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Anyone know if Stan's DH rim strip work on Rhyno Lite's or is it just too wide.

Seeing that the rimstrip can be used on a Mavic 729 (29mm wide), shouldn't it work on Rhyno Lites at 27.5 mm's?

1.5 mm can't make that big of a difference can it?

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
Jesus said:

Seeing that the rimstrip can be used on a Mavic 729 (29mm wide), shouldn't it work on Rhyno Lites at 27.5 mm's?

Works great. I have this setup on my trailbike. The Rhynos are flatspotted beyond belief and still hold the bead like a champ.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jesus said:

It works great. I couldn't get a set of Gazzy Cores to air up buy they had a very bent up bead from shipping. My Michelins air up with a hand pump and no soap.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Works great for me as well. I've got the non-521 specific strip for that size rim on the Rhyno Lite but I noticed at my LBS recently that the newer 521 specific strips (I have these on my 521s currently) state that they can be used with the Rhyno Lite. Interestingly enough it does not list that it can be used on a Single Track rim though.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Acadian said:
for the Rhyno lights you need the same special rim strip as the 521's.

"Rhyno lite,219,521 strip"
I don't have the 521 rim strip. I have the standard DH rim strip (the narrower of the two I believe).

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
binary visions said:
I don't have the 521 rim strip. I have the standard DH rim strip (the narrower of the two I believe).
That is what I'm currently using on my wife's V10 and it works fine. The Rhyno Lite apparently will work with both the standard 27-34mm strip as well as the 521 specific strip.