Quantcast

Space between ring and bash guard?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I have Saint cranks with a Raceface ring and e13 turbocharger bash. There's about 6mm of space between the ring and the bash. It seems like too much. The chain can almost fit between the two and I think with the pressure applied in the right situation it would get jammed in between. The ring is as close as it can get and so is the bash. Thoughts? Thanks, EC

Attachments

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, that's a problem with the newer Saint cranks, since the chainring tabs are thicker than standard.

IIRC eThirteen made/makes a special version of the Turbocharger with recesses for the chainring tabs to deal with this issue. Or you could use a Saint bash, which does the same thing.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
That's a bummer. But on the bright side, you could take part in the time-honored tradition of hacking, grinding, and filing to make the chain guide fit!

Is there enough material on the bash to take it down on the inside?

Norther

Chimp
Sep 11, 2009
Finland
Same issue with the newer RF Atlas cranks which have thicker chainring tabs than standard. My solution was e13 LG1+ turbo guide with turbocharger bash ring (for bashing obviously) and RF narrow/wide chain ring for extra chain retention :)

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Time to get out the router I guess! I read some reviews about the Saint bash needing special bolts that are sold separately and cost like $20. True? What's different?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, that's a problem with the newer Saint cranks, since the chainring tabs are thicker than standard.

IIRC eThirteen made/makes a special version of the Turbocharger with recesses for the chainring tabs to deal with this issue. Or you could use a Saint bash, which does the same thing.
i had the same issue with a Gamut. Called them, they sent me the correct bashguard. which was spaced to compensate for the extra thick tabs on saints.