Quantcast

Something's wrong with XC in Switzerland

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
It is. Was mentioned in one of the coursebuilding videos.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It is. Was mentioned in one of the coursebuilding videos.
And the xc'ers have no problems with that? Usually they complain when the grass has bigger leaves than usual and it makes their bikes bumpy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think it was last year, maybe the year before, there was an xc world cup. riders were complaining about a 8 foot drop on the course. when video finally surfaced of said feature, it was a 5 foot roller. :stosh:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Really @jonKranked ? It seems like the top guys are doing fine but I am happy to see the course getting more technical as both bikes and riders can handle it. I watched some the the races last year and there were some cool sections. I almost just almost wanted to race XC again :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Really @jonKranked ? It seems like the top guys are doing fine but I am happy to see the course getting more technical as both bikes and riders can handle it. I watched some the the races last year and there were some cool sections. I almost just almost wanted to race XC again :)
yea. really. they were being a bunch of crybabies.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Where do you even find a modern video device that creates such a shitty video? Even the cheapest Xioami smartphone can take a higher resolution video.
Facebook compresses videos down to shit.

I like the idea of that being on track though. It means xc is really mountain biking.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
And the xc'ers have no problems with that? Usually they complain when the grass has bigger leaves than usual and it makes their bikes bumpy.
Sure there will be complaints, but there are go-arounds as well. There's a growing movement to put the mountain biking back in XC.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
*shrugs* if you look at any of the XC world cup courses from europe over the last few years they have all had some super techy bits (not super tech for a DH bike but with a short travel bike with the seat up it really aint easy.
And the tracks are getting more technical every year.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Sure there will be complaints, but there are go-arounds as well. There's a growing movement to put the mountain biking back in XC.
I must be getting old. XCers want mountains, when we build our local dirt jump track people actually show up to build. Jesus. The world has changed.

On the bright side the Enduro riders on the local circut boycotted the nats because the track was to downhilly and had no uphills on the timed section...

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
*shrugs* if you look at any of the XC world cup courses from europe over the last few years they have all had some super techy bits (not super tech for a DH bike but with a short travel bike with the seat up it really aint easy.
And the tracks are getting more technical every year.
Quoted for truth.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'm going to mail you some guns from freedom land.

You'll know what to do.
Naah it's easier to just build real tracks and see them hurt themselves. It's funny since the stereotype here is true that enduro is for people who were too slow and afraid of dh. One section last year was on a relatively easy dh track with maybe a few jumps and one mellow rockgarden and there would be less casualties if you randomly blasted Nickleback at people during the race.