Quantcast

So, when did forks start coming with extra seals?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just got a Pike, and it came with a Baggie with a full compliment of seals, wipers, and whatnot. When did this start? Kinda makes me worry, to be honest!
Also the 'manual' is WORTHLESS, basically just goes over how to use the Maxle.
Get off my lawn.

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
I 100% agree. Why the hell would they provide something that will be needed to keep the product running if used as intended? What a bunch of butt holes.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Just got a Pike, and it came with a Baggie with a full compliment of seals, wipers, and whatnot. When did this start? Kinda makes me worry, to be honest!
Also the 'manual' is WORTHLESS, basically just goes over how to use the Maxle.
Get off my lawn.
At least you can find helpful Rock Shox tech docs if you need them. Marzocchi is truly worthless in that regard.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
RS started that a few years ago...they should also include a bottle of oil since they still dont come with the right amount. and Marz's manual isnt worth the paper is printed on...but at least its in 10 languages

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just ride the fork until it needs new seal. If it ain't broke don't fix it. This is how I ran my Boxxer which was still in good shape when I sold it and has worked great on my Pike too.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
My OEM Pike didn't come with seals. im jealous, just fire them out yonder over to Washington state here if you don't want em

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
Rockshox SUCKS so much that while shipping the fork to you, seals needs to be replaced after you got it!

Warranty is VOIDED if you ride the fork without replacing seals. Dont come and start complaining about scratches of stanchion in next new thread.

RS wont give seals free without reason, obviously.

///Insider information

demonprec

Monkey
Nov 12, 2004
Whonnock BC Canada
years back i had a Magura Rond Big EGO inverted fork , it came with a tool kit , spare seals , bushings , oil , axle, steer tube , and a manual on how rebuild and tune .