Quantcast

So i just survived Windrock and what a day it was..

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Well I just got back from Windrock and what a day it was. The trails were totally kick ass. From what Ive seen of whistler Windrock gives it the best competition ive seen so far. Tons of ladder drops, ladders, a teeter and drops and double everywhere. I actaully conquered every drop I found and hit 2 trees along the way. I also road down the near vertical wall that comes up on the middle trail. Sherpa got very angry at his bike and threw it down the mountain on trail 1. No broken bones or bikes parts. All in all a very kickass day except for when it got dark and I feared for my rear end deliverance style. THe bottem doubles on trail 1 were the funnest jumps ive ever hit. No complaints here except im beat to ****. My favorite drop though was the one on the bottem of the snake trail that kinda shoots you up in the air. Everyone in the mid west should check out Windrock its def worth the drive especially with the fully paived shuttle road. I had a blast on the rockgardens and finally cleaned the one that runs through the creek at the top.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It sounds like you had a good time and cleaned lots of the fun stuff. Glad to hear that you likedthe trails. Are you going to make it back anytime soon?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Awesome, you didn't ride it you survived it!

Spread the word and don't forget the races!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
To me personally, all the trails at Windrock are a blast.
I think all the jumps are fun and fairly easy, and the same thing about all the drops. Just pure fun. And besides that Trail 2 rock garden, the rest of them are just point, shoot and rip it up! I love all the techy stuff on the new trails especially that super steep trail with all the switchbacks. I'll ride all that and smile the whole time.
But where Windrock will get you, is riding all that fast, steep stuff on Trail 1, the race course. That is still the trail out there that makes me pucker up and hold on. Its where I see the most people eat $hit hard as well.
Making super tight turns by trees after flying down a steep chute.
Controlling your speed, using too much or too little brake on the steep stuff.
That trail will always be challenging to try to ride fast. Anything that steep is always gonna reach up and bite ya from time to time.
But I'll keep coming back for more. :thumb:

biker3

Turbo Monkey
I couldnt have said it better Jeremy. Too bad u missed out ridiing Pisgah with andrew and james. It was a blast as was there dirtjumps. Anyhow Ill be coming to Windrock a lot more now that I know how amazing it is. Hopefully I can make the race but I have a local race that same day but Im SERIOSLY considering skipping it.

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
You must be the guys I saw yesterday afternoon from Arkansas. I was the padless guy on the Stinky. Im glad you guys had a great time!
Unfortunatley, we only got 3 runs in before it got too dark. Man, those woods are dense!