Quantcast

So about those bad California and Texas drivers

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Was on my way to 4:00 p.m physical therapy appt the other day...office is at the end of a school zone. At the 4 way stop at the other end of the school zone I was almost t boned by a chick who blew the stop sign whilst talking on her phone. With a kid in a child seat in the back. In a school zone full of kids.

On the way home after said appt, saw a homeless looking dude on a BMXer almost get hit in a marked cross walk by another woman, again on a phone.

Hang up and call back later people...if you were that important someone else would be driving for you.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I travel to texas every 3 months. Between the roads and the drivers, it's bad. I was getting "normalized" to how bad the roads are, but a recent trip to AZ proved to me that the roads need not be in constant disrepair and things can be much better in other places. The metro Dallas area is just a trianwreck of trying to repair roads, trying to deal with the volume of traffic(seriously, there is no rush-hour, it's bad ALL the time, some sections of roads have been under construction for YEARS), and people running into shit all over the place. Most likely all the "instant gratification" monkeys from California have moved to Texas, where they are checking their phones while tailgating due to all the gridlock.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
"How do you spot the native Colorado driver? They're the 5th person through the red light.".
Thus dashcams.

When seeing this thread title I thought it was going to be about Stoney getting his ///Money back via insurance company payout.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Just drive here in Switzerland on the A1 between Zurich and Bern for one time during rush hour.
It's basically a minefield. Multiple rear end collisions every fvcking day.
Last week I was the third car behind a 5 vehicle collision. I have no idea how the moto guy in the middle survived that.
And then these people tell you "how crazy Germans and Italians" drive.:blink:

Just because you have a tempo limit of 120km/h (75mph) doen't mean that you can drive with about half a meter distance between cars and don't have to look before changing lanes...:banghead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just drive here in Switzerland on the A1 between Zurich and Bern for one time during rush hour.
It's basically a minefield. Multiple rear end collisions every fvcking day.
Last week I was the third car behind a 5 vehicle collision. I have no idea how the moto guy in the middle survived that.
And then these people tell you "how crazy Germans and Italians" drive.:blink:

Just because you have a tempo limit of 120km/h (75mph) doen't mean that you can drive with about half a meter distance between cars and don't have to look before changing lanes...:banghead:
Hahahaha... Euros do it too? WTF. All hope is lost. :disgust1:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so if i go to italy i should just drive like i am from colorado?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Aside kidding.
The difference between let's say Germans , Italians and Swiss people is, that although Italians and Germans tend to speeding, they look more ahead and don't change lanes in the last possible moment.
At least the northern Italians.:D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Only 3 cars off the road on the way to work this morning! Stepping up their game, way to go Colorado!
I remember a few years ago, it snowed a couple of feet in Aurora over the course of the day. Dropped off the ex and her mom at work in the morning, go home and then made a U-turn to go pick them back up. I spent something like 5 hours that day driving around. 225 was just a parking lot of abandoned cars up near the reservoir. :rofl:

And all I was driving was this shitty old Kia Sportage. Only blew through one stop sign. :D

The worst part though, was that the storm hit in between Christmas and New Years..........but the city didn't plow our street until the end February. :think:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Plows don't come out to my streets unless a major snow event occurs. I think that's 12" in 24 hours or something like that. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I remember a few years ago, it snowed a couple of feet in Aurora over the course of the day. Dropped off the ex and her mom at work in the morning, go home and then made a U-turn to go pick them back up. I spent something like 5 hours that day driving around. 225 was just a parking lot of abandoned cars up near the reservoir. :rofl:

And all I was driving was this shitty old Kia Sportage. Only blew through one stop sign. :D

The worst part though, was that the storm hit in between Christmas and New Years..........but the city didn't plow our street until the end February. :think:
Ha... that was 2006. We got like 3 storms in a row - each one would come on a Thursday night - which was the night before our regular garbage/recycling pick-up. They kept cancelling the recycling pick-up until the next one which resulted in something like 6 weeks worth of recycling backed up... at Xmas no less. We had nearly the entire porch full of carboard. And yeah... we had giant ice-potholes on our streets for MONTHS that year. They eventually came through with a road-grader and front-end loader to clear the ice. Good times...

Photo of the 5yo and 4yo taking care of business:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ha... that was 2006. We got like 3 storms in a row - each one would come on a Thursday night - which was the night before our regular garbage/recycling pick-up. They kept cancelling the recycling pick-up until the next one which resulted in something like 6 weeks worth of recycling backed up... at Xmas no less. We had nearly the entire porch full of carboard. And yeah... we had giant ice-potholes on our streets for MONTHS that year. They eventually came through with a road-grader and front-end loader to clear the ice. Good times...

Photo of the 5yo and 4yo taking care of business:

That was 2006??? Wow, its been more than a few years then.

Our street was the same thing. The city cleared the road with a road grader and bucket truck. That whole year most of the intersections around there was a gamble; half the time it felt like you were going to loose 1 or all of the wheels of whatever you were driving.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I wouldnt say Californians drive bad around here...they just dont know where the fuck they are going & will whip across 5 lanes of traffic to get off the interstate last minute. Sometimes quite skillfully...or quite luckily.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wouldnt say Californians drive bad around here...they just dont know where the fuck they are going & will whip across 5 lanes of traffic to get off the interstate last minute. Sometimes quite skillfully...or quite luckily.
These peoples are usually the ones the GPS mounted smack dab in the middle of the windshield.

How about that 'tards that try to do a U-turn on a busy street; but because they obviously suck, it turns into a 6 point turn. Worst part is that there is usually a nice parking lot a few more feet down the road that they could turn around faster and safer in.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The worst fucktard behavior is when you pull over for an emergency vehicle to pass and some douche behind you uses it as an opportunity to pass others by jumping out directly behind the emergency vehicle. :disgust1:
In most states it's illegal to be within 500ft of the rear of an active emergency vehicle.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In most states it's illegal to be within 500ft of the rear of an active emergency vehicle.
My friend Amy was involved in a accident with a Fire Truck. She was cited for Failure to Yield. Her Insurance refused to pay the Cities claim. The city sued her for the damage to the fire truck. Fire trucks are very expensive.