Quantcast

SLX chain dropping?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Anyone on the board with an Intense Uzzi SLX, I got a question for ya. Do you drop chains much?

I had one a few years ago, and I can't remember ever dropping a chain while DH or FR. How are they doing for you?

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Well, I don't have one, so I probably don't have much to contribute. But, my friend does and he drops his chain at least once every ride. So far we've blamed it on this..."custom" :stosh: MRP job he did to it, but now that you mentions it, it gets me thinking. Is it a known issue with them? Why do you ask?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I removed the chainguide and put a triple on mine last year and have had very few drops. If I'm doing any DHing I'll keep it in the big ring to keep the chain tight. The middle ring is where it's dropped from. I'm running Shimano LX cranks, Deore derailleurs 8-sp XT cassette, and a Sram chain.
When I was running an MRP Slalom2 it never ever dropped a chain.
I rode it at the Watershed in MD with the triple and didn't have a problem.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
MVRIDER said:
Well, I don't have one, so I probably don't have much to contribute. But, my friend does and he drops his chain at least once every ride. So far we've blamed it on this..."custom" :stosh: MRP job he did to it, but now that you mentions it, it gets me thinking. Is it a known issue with them? Why do you ask?
I am running a double with a bash, but was wondering if I should put a DRS on it before I need it. But I just don't remember running into chain drop issues with this bike, so why bother with it if I don't have to.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Yeah, I dropped the chain once in a while when doing riding in rougher terrain. I would say in addition to keeping the chain on...you wont get the nasty chain slap that comes with the suspension design. So you got another SLX...congrats.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Couldn't stay away from an SLX. Also not noticing any chain slap, and the chain hasn't dropped yet in 4 days of riding. I am sure it won't happen till I decide to go to Snowshoe or something.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Terry call Grant. He rode pretty hard at Kanawha and never dropped a chain.

Just wait unilt we go to Windrock weekend after next. We will see how well the chain stays put on a real DH course. :sneaky: