Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Computer Systems Analysts have a 0.6% chance of being automated.

Not sure how accurate this is. Lets face it, I just make sure that the computers are turned on and people aren't putting their coffees in the dvd tray.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Computer Systems Analysts (closest thing to what my actual jorb is) have a 0.6% chance of being automated.

Ironically enough I spend 75% of my day automating what I should be doing 100% of the time manually so I can do things like find out if my jorb will be automated or not. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
No connections. It's a rich stew of sheer stupidity, blind optimism, stubbornness, weird luck, and a willingness to work at crap pay for a while until hitting a certain level of seniority.

Funny thing is I originally decided to take this route because I thought a degree in art would be too limiting in the jerb market :rofl: So wrong, but guess I've done OK.

Still shocked that they don't think robots will be able to dust the pictures by themselves anytime soon...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Nothing like my occupation on there: Inspector.

Anyways, republicans will give huge grants and tax breaks to businesses so they can buy machines to replace workers and then the republicans will say the lack of jobs is the fault of the jobless.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Anyways, republicans will give huge grants and tax breaks to businesses so they can buy machines to replace workers and then the republicans will say the lack of jobs is the fault of the jobless.
why do you hate technology.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
7.1%. Not surprising at all. I spend most of the time solving problems that never should have arisen in the first place...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Actually automation generally save Murican jobs and increases job quality. Automation generally replaces low pay low skilled workers, to which the alternative is moving the operation to lower wage countries. The resulting automation requires skilled labor to design/support, albeit at a lower job count. The resulting capital investment also promotes job stability as it is much harder to move capital equipment overseas as it is to lay a bunch of people off and hire sweat shop workers else where.