Quantcast

Sinister Bikes: What's with this teaser vid?

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
So I used to ride one. And a few times a year I'll head on over just to see if their site is still up. Stumbled across THIS link.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Sinister-Bikes-Spring-Shenanagins,13151/yakattack,15256

Know that a few other ex Sinister owners hang out on here quite a bit so just wondered if anyone has heard what the deal is with this teaser vid?
I honestly couldn't tell if the frame in the vid is the same rebadged Devinci "Shenanigin" or if it was something new.

Or, maybe by even bothering to post this thread I've done what the vid was intended to do... drive the buzz.

Heard that regrouping was quietly going on, but never really expected them to resurface.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Dunno what's up with the company, but that looks like really fun terrain to ride. Think it's all VT right?

daneberke

Chimp
May 14, 2012
not really a teaser, more of just a short, lighthearted SINISTER SHENANIGAN frame "promo"...really a fun excuse to go film fun lines on a fun bike in mystical locations. oh yeah and a few concrete jungle clips just for more, uh, fun. as for sinister bikes, blood floweth and frames are to be had...park-dj, all-mtn, fr, and of course dh rigs

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
not really a teaser, more of just a short, lighthearted SINISTER SHENANIGAN frame "promo"...really a fun excuse to go film fun lines on a fun bike in mystical locations. oh yeah and a few concrete jungle clips just for more, uh, fun. as for sinister bikes, blood floweth and frames are to be had...park-dj, all-mtn, fr, and of course dh rigs
Good deal. Would love to check out some of those spots... the rocky sections look really fun. Are any of those in Stowe? Be sure to post up when you get the new frames in... interested to see how they come out.

BTF

Chimp
Dec 28, 2001
Boston Ma
I honestly couldn't tell if the frame in the vid is the same rebadged Devinci "Shenanigin" or if it was something new.

Or, maybe by even bothering to post this thread I've done what the vid was intended to do... drive the buzz.

Heard that regrouping was quietly going on, but never really expected them to resurface.
EastCoaster...what's up? :)
Ok. I'll prob regret getting into this.....again. But, here goes. For the past couple yrs, I've had some HUGE personal family issues. I put Sinister on the back burner. during that time, without me ever asking, the best people who grace this earth came together and kept sinister alive. Factory Pro Riders Dane, Sasha, Knight, and Karen. Kept the fire burning, always offering to help in any way. Dane and Sasha worked their asses off. Keeping me focused both business wise, and more importantly, supporting me on a personal level. It's true what they say, you really don't know who your friends and family are until the sh*t hits the fan. Knight is on to bigger and better things, while still supporting Sinister in every way he can. Karen, the reigning Queen of the MTB scene, "says" she is retiring from racing. She'll always have a Sinister anytime she wants one...and painted pink of coarse. Skye still helps out behind the scenes, another true brother, as well as JennH, Pags, FrankD, JimBev, RJ and FTW.
The Syron's aka United Freeride...what can I say, Mark, Bonnie, Max, and Ray, the Youth Development Team together. If you've ever been to a race you have seen the green Ford Titanic of a van flying the Sinister colors.
Everyone at Devinci, thank you. But the stand-out person in a company of stand-out people is Yvan. Always willing to work with us on every level, and giving me a few needed lessons along the way.
Devinci manufactures world class bikes. And of coarse Sinister is not the first East Coast company to take advantage of that fact. Evil comes to mind 1st. Sinister's first Devinci manufactured frame was the "gruitr". We used their existing tooling, jigs, cnc, etc. Changed/beefed up/ shaved/ changed geo and tubes here and there, and designed a tough as nails, sick little ripper. Sold a sh*t load. Never had one single warranty/return on any of the production run frames. We used the similar plan with the shenanigan, hooligan, and joint venture angus.
Sinister has welders and manufacturing in house, and more recently a shop in BC, doing custom work, one-offs, small runs, and R&D. Both steel and aluminum. BMX, Cross, hard tails, etc

Sinister Bikes/Freeride Endeavors LLC is no more...Sinister Bikes/SiBiCo Industries LLC is under new blood, and old.
New Sinister Splinter in development
6.jpg
4-5 incher in development
AnewB.jpg

Thanks to all.
~bruce
dictator @ Sinister Bikes

Attachments

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Super stoked to see it all back together and moving forward, best of luck in the future and good to hear that everything in life is working out nicely for you now.

I loved my dna and splinter back in what would have that been... 05? 06? i can say that the splinter was one of the only bikes i truly loved and i still miss it today, I'm now in the market to something similar to what that was but i need it now, so i'm thinking im going to miss out on the first incarnation. Maybe three years down the road i will be back on a sinister.

digging the new renderings and hoping to get more information asap

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Cool of you to chime in Bruce. Good to hear from you.
I had seller's remorse after getting rid of my Gruit..... But there's a guy still rocking it on the west coast up in Washington....
As Tetreault said, I'm also in need of something at the moment trailbike wise....
But, I'll def. be keeping a close eye on what's going on.....
Keep the updates and developments coming.