Quantcast

Shuttle rigs

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I don't shuttle much, but for road trips this can easily haul a few bikes "racked" which is a priority for me so they don't bounce all around, and with it mounted over the bed I can still easily pack my cooler of beer and as much gear as I want without taking up space in the cab.

will you be bringing it to Windrock for the Fall Festival on the 15th? They're still needing volunteers with 3/4 ton trucks to take a pull on the trailers. They only hold about 25 bikes. ;)

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
I don't shuttle much, but for road trips this can easily haul a few bikes "racked" which is a priority for me so they don't bounce all around, and with it mounted over the bed I can still easily pack my cooler of beer and as much gear as I want without taking up space in the cab.

Did you check the clearance on the parking poles, or did you just get lucky?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
IMG_20140823_191237.jpg
IMG_20140823_191628.jpg

We just rolled into Whistler with our relatively new shuttle rig, the Crush Bus.
Its a '95 International/Thomas with a custom 8 bike Recon Rack on the back, with a couple bunks inside and space for 8 more bikes inside.

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Oh man, you don't have to worry about getting speeding tickets, that's for sure. It drives like a behemoth, but room for bikes and gear is plentiful.

I expected the full cavity search at the border, but they didn't even poke their heads inside.

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Oh man, you don't have to worry about getting speeding tickets, that's for sure. It drives like a behemoth, but room for bikes and gear is plentiful.

I expected the full cavity search at the border, but they didn't even poke their heads inside.
The US border patrol will probably get you crossing back. Also, I checked out the new GG MegaTrail Alpha at Trestle today. It looks awesome! I would have liked to have demo-ed it but didn't notice it until the end of the day. The guy shop told me how to go about taking it for a demo ride, but I probably won't be back at Trestle anytime soon.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
US border fucking blows ass. Fat lazy donut eaters. Embarrassing when you compare them to the Canadian operation 40 feet away.
3 times out of last four I got the magical Orange card that says your night just got hosed...and what makes it best is that I can see the fucking roof of my house from the office. Bullshit.