Quantcast

Short drop stem

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
FWIW i have been running the megaforce2 +6deg 50mm from syntace for a year and a half and like it, but the stock ti bolts are not for stems, they snap @ torque spec and can be a PITA to extract if that happens. if you grab one, stick some steel bolts in there and use the included ti bolts for your brakes or something.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Fine with the flipped logo, but I would prefer something closer to 50mm and with moar dropz. Thanks though!

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Fine with the flipped logo, but I would prefer something closer to 50mm and with moar dropz. Thanks though!
they make a 50mm as well. been running mine flipped for a few years now.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
am i the only one that is severely confused by this? i guess so.
:rofl:

I got back from Japan 2 days ago, I was still a jet lagged mess when I wrote that.

Single crown fork, no direct mount. I ordered one of the Syntace ones, thanks guys.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'd hazard to guess the 55 mm would clear it, as you'd have ~15.9 mm (from center point of bar clamp) + maybe 4 or 5(???) mm of stem material (where the bottom bolts screw into) + OD/2 of headtube which I'd guess to be ~28 mm minus the stem length. So based on my *highly* speculative estimates, it seems like you'd have 6 or so mm to spare with 55. But take special note of the descriptive comment under my handle when considering any bicycular advice from me.

And if I was at my car, I could measure the headtube OD at least, but alas, I'm still pounding red eye coffees in my work box.

Last edited: