Quantcast

Shimano sh-m 200 shoes, where are the cleats?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Switched back to clipless on the trail bike, and my m-162s, which I used to like, now feel like the cleat is way too far forward due to 2 years on flats. Looks like the m-200s may run the cleat slot further back, but I can't figure out how far back compared to the normal XC-ish position on my m162s. Anybody got a side by side pick, or dimensions?

Anybody have a better shoe idea than a pair of m200s?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Did you see the 2016 AM Shimano shoes?
Or for another option, while I recon I might not be the best example given I ride clipped since always, my Specialized 2FO feel just about right in regards of cleat position. I might not be the one using the cleats near my ankle, but I still have plenty of room to move them back.

EDIT: The photo above came from NSMB's review of those shoes

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Hadn't considered the derpalized shoes mainly because I assumed they were more like 5.10s based on the looks. How stiff are the soles?

That's where I'm really liking the m162s now that I'm back on clipless, my local trails are a smooth XC grind for 5-7 miles, then some technical fun stuff, then lots of pedaling to get home. An XC race style shoe is great for the out and back, but sucks and feels super un-stable in the rocks, roots and steep stuff.

herbman

Monkey
Feb 16, 2011
North West Tasmania
I'm kicking around in some M163s which are the model below M200s

I use them mainly for back country trail riding with some hike a bike mixed in with techy downhills

The soles aren't as stiff as my old carbon soled special eds. but they pedal fine and are much nicer to walk in.
On my old shoes I ran the cleats as far back as I could but with the M163 I can't as it is to far back with the lengthen slot.

Over all the are a good set of shoes

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I rode 163's and have some 200's now. Unfortunately I don't have the old shoes to take a reference pic of cleat position. I will say that the cleat slots in the 200's go way further back - I don't even run them all the way back and I'm a frequent flat pedal rider. They are also a good bit stiffer than the 163's. They aren't bulky and are lighter too. A good upgrade IMO.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Checked a few shops, nobody has anything in stock around here, local specialized dealer has never even seen the 2fos. I think I'll just all a set of m200s to my next online order. From the pics it appears they have plenty of cleat slot to get the thing right where I want it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have the m089. The cleat goes farther back than I need, which is a first for me. usually I run my cleat slammed all the way back. It's taking me a while to adapt, my quads are more sore the next day than usual, like I was doing squats or something. it's interesting,but I quite like how they feel this way.