Quantcast

Sherman SPV tuning

Turley

Chimp
May 22, 2004
Queensland, Australia
Ok, my forks ain't been performing to what they shoudl be so after sending them into manitou and they working for a day then getting realy stiff again I've been able to clear my head of all my "I hate my forks, I hate manitou" garbage and start to do some proper investigation.

Since they got sent back from manitou, they have had alot less oil in them and alot more air so, just for experiements sake, I added a bit of extra oil so I could feel the damping thought the oil when they were upside down and sure enough they are realy hard to push and pull though the oil. So I was considering trying some 2.5weight oil.
1. Has anyone tried 2.5weight oil in there shermans?

My seals are also letting air though them so I would be presuming that is not good so, I'm also thinking I will try and get some new seals, especially for the left leg as it is leaking alot now :(
2. Has anyone changed the seals in there shermans and did that make them less sticky?

I would send my forks in to manitou again but, considering they went stiff after less than a day of riding them I ain't real keen on doing that. Specially after all they did last time was apparently seviced them, charge me 20bucks plus postage for a problem that is obviously the 04 spv valve!

If anyone has any other suggestions I am very open to your comments!