Quantcast

sherman slider plus problems

julianBC

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
i have a slider + and it isnt working out so hot for me. ive played w/ the SPV a lot to try and get it dialed. i also have had a long time on it so im hoping the brake in period wouldnt be much longer on it. but my problem is that it wont go through ANY travle if im standing next to it and push down unless i like use the front brake and use a lot of force. and it will also stick w/ 1" compressed even when im off the bike and it releases when i lift up. the fork has a very sticky and harsh feel. someone told me i have to tear it apart and regrease everything. what prodcuts do i use to lubricate it all and what do i lubricate? any suggestions would be awsome.

Turley

Chimp
May 22, 2004
Queensland, Australia
I had EXACTLY the same problem! I've just sent mine way for warrenty so hopefully it will come back fixed. I tried new oil, lubed the seals etc and it didn't fix the problem. We range the manitou tech here in Australia and he said he had no idea though I know he has recieve atleast one other sherman with this problem before mine. We thought it might have been the oring swelling or something but didnt' try replacing it, just sent it in.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Bring it to Manitou at Snow, they will make it work.
Sounds like you are having the same problem as the x-works dorado. Those forks all have poorly machined internals...

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Unfortunately their SPV is just pretty sh!tty. I have the breakout plus which is basically a single crown slider + and it is FAR from plush. First 1.5" of travel is so clunky and sticky it might as well not be there. Also, I can't get my rebound fast enough for any DH runs and I end up sucking it up with my arms on high speed bumps. Long story short... I just bought a Super T.