Quantcast

Service guide for Dorado X Works?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
ok anybody has the service guide for the dorado X works?
its not on the answer website yet, but maybe someone has one
please send me a copy! :)

btw, anybody got some general tips for the setup of that fork?
up to now i am still experimenting with that SPV stuff.

Thanks

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Dorado x-works are pretty much on an indefinite hold... Every racer I've talked to who had one sent it back to Answer. Basically the forks, like the 6-ways got absolutely mangled by poor machining over in Asia. If you have an old fork you can throw on i'd run that and send your x-works back to Answer USA.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
SuspectDevice said:
Dorado x-works are pretty much on an indefinite hold... Every racer I've talked to who had one sent it back to Answer. Basically the forks, like the 6-ways got absolutely mangled by poor machining over in Asia. If you have an old fork you can throw on i'd run that and send your x-works back to Answer USA.
ok i will write answers techsupport an email.
thanks.

btw whats up with the 6 ways?
the shock i have worked good today.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
About 90% of 04 6ways leaked like siphons out of the high-low adjustment screws. This is due to metal flash ripping o-rings.

The factory fix is drilling out the ports wider to take a larger o-ring, deburring and using a larger outside piece on the needles. If your 6-way isn't doing this now, it never will, and you got a good shock.

This problem is fixed now, and shocks that shipped in June are OK.

red223

Chimp
May 2, 2004
australia
mine works pretty well for big hits but for small bumbs it doesn't perform that well. should i send it back? great excuse to buy a bmx to ride until i get my fork back if i did send it away :)

B

bighitfsr

Apparently DHF8 Ti's are very tall due to a really thick lower crown.
Apparently a 200mm 888R with risse crowns is significantly shorter than the DHF8. The dorado SPV is probably even shorter.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
bighitfsr said:
Apparently DHF8 Ti's are very tall due to a really thick lower crown.
Apparently a 200mm 888R with risse crowns is significantly shorter than the DHF8. The dorado SPV is probably even shorter.
ok i have an Avalanche DHF 8 its not that tall, or better you can make it tall but still ride it pretty low, it will probably be taller then the Dorado but not that much