Quantcast

Schwalbe introduces Dual chamber tires for ultra low pressures

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The base of the tire is a lot better supported with the inner tube thing locking the bead against the rim. During the testing with Brendog he could run slightly lower pressures without any wallowy feel in the corners and much better traction. It seems like a game changer.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Is that inner tube (sorry, don't know what else to call it) pliable at all or does it have a rigid, set volume when inflated? I'd think you'd want different sizes for various tire volumes and/or fine tuning that low pressure bit on the outside yeah?
I don't know. I haven't seen it. I imagine it's like a tubular road tire without the tread.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
But it says 'systems'..........

I'm sure you're right, that's crazy cheap. And it makes more sense to sell something you can use with any tire.
i'd bet the bladdery things will be sold stand alone as well as a full system with tires and rims. most white collar profession price points will be met.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It doesn't make sense, to offer procores with rims. With tires, at the reduced price, maybe.
When you get new rims, you usually change spokes, too. Unnecessary expense

Last edited:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
It doesn't make sense, to offer procores with rims. With tires, at the reduced price, maybe.
When you get new rims, you usually change spokes, too. Unnecessary expense
sure it makes sense - they'll market the rims as necessary for 'optimal performance' with the system. and sense has never been necessary in marketing or sales.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
sometimes i really doubt the reading skills of some of you, the enduro mag clearly states the price as 150eur per "set (front + rear) [...] "tire not included".

how some of you come to the conclusion now that it is a system that will only be sold as a set with tires and rim goes above my imagination. are you so full of schwalbe bias that you think they will pull a mavic? get a grip for once...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sometimes i really doubt the reading skills of some of you, the enduro mag clearly states the price as 150eur per "set (front + rear) [...] "tire not included".

how some of you come to the conclusion now that it is a system that will only be sold as a set with tires and rim goes above my imagination. are you so full of schwalbe bias that you think they will pull a mavic? get a grip for once...

Well your imagination sucks if it's so hard to understand mentions of a 'partnership with syntace', tested and sold by a company with a wide array of tires, and then selling what's called a system.

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
Am I the only one who thinks this is nice for a rear wheel, but not for the front??? It's a bit heavy and expensive so it makes a lot of sense to use it only on the rear wheel.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
http://www.mtb-news.de/news/2014/08/26/eurobike-schwalbe-2015-procore-nobby-nic-und-jumbo-jim/

procore now only uses one valve
for 23mm+ rims
set 179eur for 2 wheels, comes with rim tape, sealing fluid and special tire levers
for all 3 wheels sizes
I am a little bit disappointed they still recommend use of sealant :( I hoped it would be fluid-hassle-free system...
I also wonder whether Procore will work with some substantially wider (inner) rims... like 30mm, or so.

Last edited:

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I almost hate to admit it, but I'm going to try a procore setup on my dh bike in the near future. There isn't a great selection of 650b dh tires and this system kinda eliminates the need for dh casings and wire beads. Plus I'll soon be rolling on a new set of Chinese plastic hoops and I don't want them to explode.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I've talked to Syntace guy at Eurobike, today. He told me, that Procore has been tested with different wide Syntace rims. The widest is 33,5mm inner, so from that perspective there should not be any issues.
As for Procore inner "tire" pressure. You can use from 4 to 6 BAR, depending on you weight, riding style and terrain.

I am, as well, very tempted by trying similar setup, as you, rollertoaster, but my new bike will arrive with very good wheelset, so I might give Procore a try in about a year :)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
From Bikerumor: :)

"There may be a few rim designs that don’t lend themselves to the technology but Schwalbe is confident with their use on ultra wide and hookless rims as well as standard hooked rims."