Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Woke up, pooped, made coffee. Been a good morning so far. We're headed to the local Petco this morning to check out the greyhound adoption group meet 'n greet. Our pup loves seeing the other hounds and I love to pet them.

First up though is a 10 mile run (for me, not my dog).

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Week long Moab trip departure delayed due to truck needed to go in for service on the brakes, or something. Plan was to hit a ski area on the way across Colorado today for some fresh(ish) turns then continue on to the desert for some Gnar Schralping™ for a week or so before returning and catching some (hopefully) decent skiing towards the end of the week when the next storm rolls through. Clearly, I hate America. Or at least my truck does.

Back muscles so f'd there is no way I'm skiing today. Sad panda.
Why do you hate America?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm earning my keep. Working today, 7a-5p. I have to do this about 4 times per year.

Wife and kid are headed home today, as I work. Mother in law will tend to them. :thumb:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Dude. I love America, but my back seems to hate the rest of me at the moment.
If I let my back dictate life I'd never do anything, it's so fucked.
If your pain is random I agree with resting but if it's chronic then just have at it and let your medication of choice sort it out after the fact.

Did some quotes this morning, got to send out a shitload of formal estimates tonight.
Day trip to maine tomorrow investigating unabomber bong shed land.
Headed out for first dirt since the thaw this afternoon. Excited but it's going to be a sufferfest.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You don't get any kind of paternity leave??
FMLA doesn't kick in until I've been here a year, plus that's unpaid. I'd have to run through my sick leave and vacation to get paid leave, and I'd rather save that up. Apart from the odd weekend (which is still daytime) my hours aren't that arduous and we'll have mother- and then father-in-law in town successively to help out and dote on the newborn, so I don't see the need to take a bunch of time off.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had to many glasses of wine and walked home. I left my car in my friends parking lot. A overzealous tow truck driver tried to tow my car this morning. So the residents blocked access to my car with their cars. The downstairs neighbor is very cute. School teacher. No kids, no ring, awesome Spanish accent, drives a sweet Acura. Kind of looks like a young Rosy Perez..

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I had to many glasses of wine and walked home. I left my car in my friends parking lot. A overzealous tow truck driver tried to tow my car this morning. So the residents blocked access to my car with their cars. The downstairs neighbor is very cute. School teacher. No kids, no ring, awesome Spanish accent, drives a sweet Acura. Kind of looks like a young Rosy Perez..
Getcha some! :thumb:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning people . Week long school ended yesterday at 1700, back to night shift at 1800. It was a long nigh . Went straight into training a rookie. For a 12 hour shift. First things first a majorly uncooperative into the jai . Rookie got a good time for his first night shift

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You'll have to go to Morganton for that...LAS SALSAS. If in Hendersonville, Papas & Beer. If in CLT, maybe somewhere along South Blvd. Or maybe Aztecas? For fancy gringo food, either Cabo Fish Taco or Cantina 1511 are decent.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sorry - you gotta go to New Mexico for that...
Didn't use to be that way. NC had one of the largest growing Hispanic populations in the country until the housing market collapsed. Most of the good restaurants have either closed or dumbed the food down so much that it's just nauseatingly bland.

Several years ago there was an article in a national magazine that reported some note worthy authentic places in the state. Unfortunately the area where I live, the food scene as a whole has deteriorated considerably. It's though there is a city ordinance against good food.

I'm in culinary Hell...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You'll have to go to Morganton for that...LAS SALSAS. If in Hendersonville, Papas & Beer. If in CLT, maybe somewhere along South Blvd. Or maybe Aztecas? For fancy gringo food, either Cabo Fish Taco or Cantina 1511 are decent.
Las Salsas, is that in a strip mall ? If so, it's not bad, especially if you've been wandering around in the woods near there.

Mmm fish tacos...:drool:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Las Salsas is on 18 right before you hit 40 on the way back from Wilsons. Standalone, not in a strip mall. Not fancy, but none better after teh gnurrrr. If you get there after 5:30 on a Saturday, expect to wait.