Quantcast

RIP Zokes?

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
some comment on Vital said it only affects the Moto part of Marz

"This has been discussed a bit on other sites and forums and apparently only affects the moto side of the business unless something has changed..."

edit: its popping up everywhere now on facebook so...

Last edited:

Trasselkalle

Monkey
Oct 28, 2014
Sweden
The bike part of Marz is NOT affected by this. It is only the Moto side that is affected.

Google translated link to source and quote from that piece (excuse the Google Translate grammar...):

"Regarding the bike, the situation is completely different. It discusses two sectors, of the same company, have long separated.If the motorcycle industry for the crisis and the possibility of permanent closure may be true, there is no data that confirm the same fate for the bicycle industry. Marzocchi fact ended the previous financial year, the bike industry, in a positive and sales make record excellent results."

Additionally:

"We exchanged a few words with Stefano Migliorini (Marketing Manager Division bike Marzocchi Suspension), which has confirmed that the production Marzocchi for the bicycle industry is in excellent health.Just during the Sea Otter Classic, in fact, the company has presented some of the new products (among them a brand new telescopic seatpost) that we will see on the market next season. Being a public company, thus exists an obligation to ensure the products for the legal minimum of two years.This means that until 2018 there will be changes or termination of activities."

EDIT: Gah. I missed that Sandro already shared this link. I kept my post for the quote and added visibility to the fact though.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Does this make my Monster T a collectible yet? Was going to make a super rad bar stool, but may have to throw that thing on ebay.
People buy them for idiotic amounts of money here. They have been going for 500$ used 4 years ago and they still go for the same.

Trasselkalle

Monkey
Oct 28, 2014
Sweden
The way he kept repeating himself sounded like business-speak for 'we are in discussions with a buyer now, so we are legally not allowed to even hint at anything". I am hoping that is the case and that someone picks them up!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
RIP
I <3d HSCV BITD.

Lack of options is bad for the consumer... not that anything besides RS and Fox have been on my radar for quite a while at this point.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
It sucks when businesses go under and people lose their jobs. Also a further lack of competition is a bummer.

As for their products and customer service it doesn't surprise me.

I purchased a new fork and it needed a double dip on warranty two years into the five year warranty.

They took care of the first and the second time they quoted me 50% of the cost of getting a Fox product. I gave the fork to my friend who uses it for a tp dispenser. Hopefully it doesn't let him down.

Sure others had better luck than me...

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The german source site which posted the info, wrote also something about a buyer for the MTB part of Marzocchi. They are still negotiating, but it seems like the buyer will be announced during Eurobike.