Quantcast

RFI: Good wind-blocking sunglasses

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well,

I'm considering retiring my Smith Moab shields and am considering my options. Requirements:

1) Interchangable lenses (smoke, amber, clear)
2) Very good wind blocking
3) <$50

Anybody have favorites? I know it's always possible to find clearance deals on glasses, so what do people like?

-S.S.-

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Another pair of Smiths on sale. Or break the >$50 rule and get the new Specialized glasses, you will only need one set of lenses. They are photo-cromatic so there's no need for an amber, smoke, clear, etc.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
SkaredShtles said:
Well,
I'm considering retiring my Smith Moab shields and am considering my options. Requirements:
1) Interchangable lenses (smoke, amber, clear)
2) Very good wind blocking
3) <$50
Anybody have favorites? I know it's always possible to find clearance deals on glasses, so what do people like?
-S.S.-
Mine are similar to... Bought with wind protection in mind.
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=15253&estore_ID=334

Looks like they are having a sale.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Morryjg said:
Another pair of Smiths on sale. Or break the >$50 rule and get the new Specialized glasses, you will only need one set of lenses. They are photo-cromatic so there's no need for an amber, smoke, clear, etc.
The $50 rule cannot be broken. Unless they're gift sunglasses for my wife. :think:

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Morryjg said:
You must do lots of driving on glaciers then. Since that's what you always wear when you drive... :rolleyes:
No - it was the capitalization I was hacking on him for. :p

They make good sunglasses without the side shields. Although their windblocking goes *way* downhill sans shields.

-S.S.-