Quantcast

Replacement seatstay assembly for an M1?

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Hi,

Well I finally bent the rear mech hanger on my M1 frame. I've sent an e-mail off to the Intense warranty guys and am still waiting for a reply, but does anyone out there know the approx. cost of getting a replacement seat stay assembly with the replaceable mech hanger?

(I'm not super desperate for a new set right now as I have 'engineered' my own replaceable hanger with good results.)

Jon.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I cut off an M1 hanger at Snowshoe and Dremeled down the stay until I could bolt on the Intense hanger. Surprised at how well it worked.

I think the seatstay cost is ~$160. And I *think* that Intense sells replacement frame parts direct (meaning no dealer markup).

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well you didn't hear it from me, but a mainframe is $600, upper stay is $300, lower stay is $300 I think. $160 for the upper and $160 for the lower sounds better, but when I got emailed by their tech department they told me $600, $300, and $300.

I like Repack's idea. It's not like it's much difference than making a replaceable one work. I don't like replaceable ones, you seem to taco them or bend them and they are $30-50 each. I just watch where I go and it saves some $$$

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Cool thanks.

I ended up using a mech hanger from my Ibis Alibi stock.. doing a similar kind of thing. It's not pretty but it kind of works.
I've got the prices back from Intense and they are saying $60 for them to do the repair there, or $360 for a replacement set!!! I don't mind the idea of $60 at all.

I'll send it back and hopefully I'll get it sorted pretty quickly.
Cheers,
Jon.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
By the way I was watching where I was going!

It was just muddy and I was going sideways at speed.... not much I could do (side-swiped a tree).