Quantcast

Reign alloy 2015 actual frame weight and bb height

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
A question.

If one wants to use a coil shock on a Spitfire, could one re-fit a longer shock damper coming from dh frame then combine it with correct spring size, shimzz stacks suited for lower travel of Spitfire? Would it lose any advantages compared to the correct sized coil shock (160mm vs 200mm in travel)?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
i'm 210 lbs. ie FAT. now i'm worried that the DB inline on my new spitfire is gonna be unrideable.
I can give you some setup guide on the inline:

1) Install shock
2) Set to correct air pressure for your husky ass.
3) Ride the hell out of it
4) Don't listen to blowhards on the internet who are fat because they read about air shocks online instead of riding them in the woods.

Bonus tip: As your husky ass becomes smaller from riding your bike in the woods on this fantastic shock, you may need to adjust your air pressure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can give you some setup guide on the inline:

1) Install shock
2) Set to correct air pressure for your husky ass.
3) Ride the hell out of it
4) Don't listen to blowhards on the internet who are fat because they read about air shocks online instead of riding them in the woods.

Bonus tip: As your husky ass becomes smaller from riding your bike in the woods on this fantastic shock, you may need to adjust your air pressure.
that was my actual plan. If it does suffer a BODTF (blow out due to fat), I'll have it serviced/rebuilt then upgrade to a regular DB Air and sell the newly rebuilt inline.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
My comment was based on long in depth conversation with Tftuned in the UK, about the relative merits of the Ccdba vs the Inline for this bike in question.

The Inline tends to shit the bed, often...or more to the point, the compression goes to shit, for people over 80kg... In their experience. That's a fair but lighter than whateverthefuck you are in non stoneage lbs

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I feel about about how this thread has been hijacked... but I have a dilemma:

I've got a *gasp* 2013 Mojo HD. It's been running with a Monarch purchased from Push for a 2009 Enduro. When I got the Ibis, Push revalved it and replaced all worn parts. But now (3 seasons later) the shock has developed a knocking anytime the shaft changes direction (stick that in the random context thread!) and I'm thinking it has seen the end of its useful life. I've had it a total of 5 years, and had it serviced 2x by Push, and recently due to ridiculous exchange rates, opted to have it serviced by a local tuner (S4 Suspension). The shock still works well, but the knock is still there, so I'm thinking it might be time to replace it. But I don't know with what.

I'm 215-220 now, and ride east coast stuff. My trails tend to have short DH segments, never much more than 5 minutes long, I do a few trips per year to VT (Perry Hill is my favorite place in VT). I don't know if something like the X2 or CCDBa is warranted. I was thinking Debonair or Float X. Possibly inline, but don't like the price and the reports of frequent spontaneous combustion....

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fwiw, when a buddy (prolly 165#) chatted with the good folks at cane creek about inline vs. dba for his unrideable bromad, they quickly recommended the latter. not sure how leverage on bromad compares to spitty compares to reign . . . just throwing that out there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My comment was based on long in depth conversation with Tftuned in the UK, about the relative merits of the Ccdba vs the Inline for this bike in question.

The Inline tends to shit the bed, often...or more to the point, the compression goes to shit, for people over 80kg... In their experience. That's a fair but lighter than whateverthefuck you are in non stoneage lbs
probably something about UK mud, or parliament, or the queen, or kippers. we don't have any of that hogwash here thankfully/

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'm 215-220 now, and ride east coast stuff. My trails tend to have short DH segments, never much more than 5 minutes long, I do a few trips per year to VT (Perry Hill is my favorite place in VT). I don't know if something like the X2 or CCDBa is warranted. I was thinking Debonair or Float X. Possibly inline, but don't like the price and the reports of frequent spontaneous combustion....
Monarch+ Debonair works quite well on my 650b HD-R. Almost as nice as Avy SSD DHX5 on my older 160mm HD.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I don't know if something like the X2 or CCDBa is warranted. ....
well cost aside, it sure would be nice to have a shock for the trail bike that was really tuneable and not be stuck with a low / med / high tune with minimal range of adjustment from that baseline. of course this might only be an issue depending on the frame you ride.