Quantcast

Reign advanced..... Best guide

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Picking up a reign advanced 1 soon.
I will be taking the 2 speed guide off and putting a single on. I know older Reigns had issues with fitting guides as the chainstays are low and the orientation of the mounting tabs wouldn't let the top guide to be at 12 o'clock..... More like 11, which caused binding as the suspension compressed.

I'd like to run the e-13 lg1, but indeed to know that it will setup properly inthis bike.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
How about a narrow-wide ring and an upper only guide? Gets around the CS problem too

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I run the upper (e-13) on my 650 trance 1 with a xtr shadow plus. It's a nice setup, but for the Reign I would like a bash.
I definetly will be using a narrow/wide ring so I can likely get away without a bottom tensioner.
If I new the lg-1 would setup correctly I would likely still go with that though

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
^^^^
That was excellent advice!
In most cases I would agree it would be all you need.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Biffffffffffffffffff...

This is what I have coming for my new bike. Price is pretty good on them and you can get them local.

Or you could use the MRP version as stated above or even the E13 version if you don't want / need a lower guide.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I'm running the MRP G3 on my Trance SX with no complaints. After the lower guide broke (MRP were very good about honoring the warranty) I never put it back on again, since the top guide and shadow mech seem to be sufficient to keep the chain on.

Are you keeping the Trance around? Seems like there would be quite some overlap between the two bikes.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Yes keeping the Trance.
Ideally I would run an anthem advance sx and a reign, but don't have the funds.
The trance is lighter, will have trail/Xc tires and has much better geo for aggressive Xc.
The new reigns are slack and long... Basically a light weight DH bike

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Have the Reign, but with two wheelsets :)

Having the Trance and Reign both is superfluous, unless you really ride that much and have the varied terrain right on your doorstep?