Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
While Republicans refuse to acknowledge that President Obama's nuclear peace deal is a huge victory for America, they also refuse to acknowledge that their beloved "St. Ronnie" was caught red-handed illegally selling weapons to Iran (and lying about it).
But, but, but Bengahzi...was quaint compared to Beruit

A former defense secretary for Ronald Reagan says he implored the president to put Marines serving in Beirut in a safer position before terrorists attacked them in 1983, killing 241 servicemen.

[representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.]

"I was not persuasive enough to persuade the president that the Marines were there on an impossible mission," Caspar Weinberger says in an oral history project capturing the views of former Reagan administration officials.

Recollections of an initial 25 Reagan aides were released this week by the Miller Center of Public Affairs at the University of Virginia. Altogether, scholars interviewed 45 Cabinet members, White House staffers and campaign advisers in a project begun in 2001, when Reagan was secluded with advanced stages of Alzheimer's disease. Reagan died in June 2004 at the age of 93.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
In an almost impossibly bizarre coincidence, this isn't the first time the Cairns family has been caught up in a photo kerfuffle involving Nazis and American politicians. George's brother John is also a stock photographer, and took the image of Nazi reenactors that was accidentally used in a flier for the campaign of North Carolina state legislator Tim Spear in 2010.

"I have photos of American soldiers as well," Cairns said. "But for some reason, politicians seem to be downloading Nazis."
"I tried to keyword it carefully so people would be aware that it's WWII fascists."
Armed Forces, World War II, German Culture, Marching, War, Walking, Fascism, Work Helmet, Battlefield, Camouflage, Gun, Uniform, Conflict, Camouflage Clothing, Historical Reenactment, Equipment, Five People, Rifle
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/insane-story-behind-trumps-nazi-tweet

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Oz announced its feral cat control program this week - target 2 million in 5 years. Perhaps the indigenous genocide will finally slow and others will follow this rational approach of controlling ALL invasive pest species.

Some backwards countries like the US have disproven programs like TNR that feed feral cats as if killing the natives weren't enough, they need to further support inhumane CAFOs, domestic animal slaughter, the infamous palm/soy industry, and the overuse of vital antibiotics for the cheap meat products they feed the feral pests.

The Environment Department says feral cats are thought to threaten 81 vulnerable and endangered native animals - 35 bird species; 36 mammal species; 7 reptile species; and 3 amphibian species.

In a 2012 report, the AWC estimates that each feral cat kills between five and 30 animals a day. It says taking the lower figure in that range and multiplying it by a "conservative population estimate" of 15 million feral cats gives a minimum estimate of 75 million native animals killed daily by feral cats.

"We think our five [animals killed a day] is extremely conservative. I've personally been in the field and had a cat cut open [that] had over 40 to 50 frogs in its stomach," Mr Fleming said.

Last edited: