Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My sister put that up on her FB wall...one of her idiot Teabagger friends pipes in with "He is cutting the fat from the school system and creating jobs..."

Yeah, thats it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My sister put that up on her FB wall...one of her idiot Teabagger friends pipes in with "He is cutting the fat from the school system and creating jobs..."

Yeah, thats it.
The stadium will create great part time minimum wage beer vendor jobs for all the uneducated kids. You don't have to (cannot) be an expert economics to get that. And as a result there will be more poorly educated people who will get, reap the rewards, and vote republican. It is a positive feedback loop of conservative awesomeness.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Right-wing whites can beat that...

http://happyplace.someecards.com/spelling/a-bunch-of-idiot-commenters-got-upset-about-vermont-getting-a-latin-motto-because-they-confused-latin-and-latino/

The proposed motto—Stella quarta decima fulgeat—means "May the fourteenth star shine bright." It's a reference to Vermont being the 14th state in the union and also something that used to appear on state coins.

Currently, Vermont has "Freedom and Unity" as its (English) motto, and this Latin motto would be separate.

But who can focus on such nuances with the imminent invasion of the Latin speakers?!
When local news station WCAX reported on the senator's proposal, people were furious.

And very confused. They thought "Latin" was the language spoken by people from "Latin America," and were distressed by immigrants who are taking over.

All the screengrabs of hilariously racist/stupid/xenophobic comments below are via If You Only News. Sadly, the Facebook page of WCAX has now been taken over by well-meaning smarties trying to put these bigots in their place (and ruining all the fun in the process).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
^^ Several years ago I was out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with a friend who's Cuban. A group of people behind us were speaking kind of loud. One of them kept saying something about how they "were talking Mexican". Finally annoyed enough, my friend turned around and bellowed in a thick Cuban accent, "it's Spanish ! The language they are speaking is called Spanish !" They all got real quite.

Last edited: