Quantcast

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
My Intense (did not crack...at least there :hmm: ) about to hit Pilot last year. It's a great down and a not-too-bad ride up. The inner loop near the end will getcha though!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Where the hell is Pilot Rock? The signs look like Pisgah...
Yup, Pisgah. Pilot Rock is off Laurel Mountain trail. It's one of the more technical trails in forest. There are a series of switch backs at the top that are pretty tight with severe consequences. If you get off line and miss the corner, you fall off the mountain. The rock garden at the bottom eats bikes.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Saw them do the Quadrophenia show in Paris last summer, I thought it was a great show, well done and my favorite album. But still wishing I saw them in the heyday...
That would have been cool. Did Billy Idol play with them? To qualify I saw them on their first last tour. The Clash opened up for them. It was hot in a stadium in Buffalo NY.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I wish I could have seen those Who/Clash shows...was a year or 2 before I started going to shows. Always have wanted to know what the dynamic between the bands was like. Alot of critics call the Who the first punk band...combine that with the anger of early Clash w/ aging Petes drunken self consuming anger...must have been interesting behind the scenes...

Not with Billy, that would have been cool too. Roger was in very good voice, and they had the video 5:15 bass solo with Ox...very well done and not cheesy at all imho. A nice tribute to a friend, as was the video drum solo with Moon.

A band called Vintage Trouble opened for them, got to chat with them after the show. SoCal pretty boys, but cool all the same.