Quantcast

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I pass a lot of people going uphill in heavy gears when they could just down shift but most likely they don't know how to use the gears. Like that I am sure there are tons of people who have no idea how to adjust placement of wheel etc.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My Mom used to drive like this even though she didn't have too. We could never figure out why.
my wife drives like this and it drives me nuts every time I have to get in the car. I have to adjust the seat before even getting in, caus' my thighs don't clear the friggin' steering wheel. The fact that we drive a manual makes it worse caus' her legs are so close to the clutch, she has to lift her whole leg to use it, losing all that crucial fine motor movement of her ankle and calf. I've tried on a few occasions to point out that it would be easier for her, and make her driving errrr.... smoother if she backed up a bit, but it usually devolves into a nasty fight so its not worth it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

That airbag is not going to feel good when she JimmyDeans it into the back of a Corolla.
There was a bright red C5 Z06 doing 45mph in the left lane on a 55mph freeway. I passed it on the right and saw two old ladies rolling it just like that. She was only about 5'2" (they stopped at the dollar store). Looking at that pic, if she were any further back she either wouldn't reach the pedals, or wouldn't see over the dash. Notice her nose is level with the dash. :rofl:

Last edited:

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
my wife drives like this and it drives me nuts every time I have to get in the car. I have to adjust the seat before even getting in, caus' my thighs don't clear the friggin' steering wheel. The fact that we drive a manual makes it worse caus' her legs are so close to the clutch, she has to lift her whole leg to use it, losing all that crucial fine motor movement of her ankle and calf. I've tried on a few occasions to point out that it would be easier for her, and make her driving errrr.... smoother if she backed up a bit, but it usually devolves into a nasty fight so its not worth it.
Well if the airbag evar goes off her bewbz will be backwards......that'll be fun!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My Mom used to drive like this even though she didn't have too. We could never figure out why.
My grandma drives like this, but she is all of 4'9 or something. She has to sit on butt pads to see over the dash. But she did have the airbag disabled via some sort of switch.